~100$... good VSTsynth to buy now .

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yoshi303 wrote:i'm sure this one (Serum) suits perfect to me
Glad that you found what's perfect for you. This is what counts in the end :tu:

Eat less this month, no wine. Potatoes with eggs are delicious and enough! After all you will spend most of your time with Serum ;)

yoshi303 wrote:
Robmobius wrote:Not for $100 as far as I know.

Serum is over your budget. But what about Waves Codex (if it's still at 99$)?
i can go to 150$ ~
$150? Then I would say get the Dino upgrade and get Zebra, or you can get Synthmaster with 1,700 presets included for $129.

EnGee wrote:Oh and there is one with 8 lfo, 8 env, and 8 sequensers! Nuklear :) I have the studio one edition which is monophonic, but still great :D
Has it ever been updated though? I was interested when it first came out but it appears to be stagnant.

aMUSEd wrote:
EnGee wrote:Oh and there is one with 8 lfo, 8 env, and 8 sequensers! Nuklear :) I have the studio one edition which is monophonic, but still great :D
Has it ever been updated though? I was interested when it first came out but it appears to be stagnant.
I don't know really if it has been updated. The version I have is 1.1.4 and it is VST 3.

I find it an interesting synth especially the sequences/lfos/env to modulate many knobs. The GUI is small and one needs to read the manual though. As a solo edition (free to S1 owners), I can find a place for it although it is a monophonic (in the full version of course it is not limited with such restriction).

Yeah I like the solo version and have it too, great sound, but the lack of development is holding me back from buying the full version.

Yes me too. If the developer would do a bigger nicer GUI with some enhancements I might upgrade. Anyway, it is not a cheap synth. The upgrade is 89 euro and the full version is 169 euro.
Anyway, their page said "it is based on advanced granular pulse train synthesis". What is pulse train synthesis? I have no idea, but I will take the "advanced granular" as a guide. Still, it has its own character. Glad it is musical and can fit well into the mix. I found it easy to find/program a pleasant sound (the sound reminds me of Malstrom which I like a lot).

Yeah I looked that one up but still none the wiser, in terms of sound it doesn't sound like a typical granular plugin though, more like a subtractive/wavetable if anything, and you don't get the same sorts of controls you get in a granular synth (or audio import).

Wow, I thought Sylenth1 was overpriced. 169 Euro (almost $200) for a synth that does a fraction of what Zebra 2 does, has no sound demos that I can find other than one crappy Youtube video of a guy going through presets (that's a review?) and hasn't been worked on in I don't know how long with a GUI the size of a pinhole.

I have to wonder how many of these have even been sold with almost no information on it anywhere on the Internet.

Chapter 2 in the manual explains the synthesis used. I don't know why they said 'granular'. It can do classic and pulsar (related to pulse wave). I take it as 'special' sequence of pulse waves!
In the manual, it says: "Pulsar synthesis is a form of granular synthesis named after spinning neutron stars that emit
periodic signals with repitition rates in the range of 0.25 Hz to 642 Hz".
I'll leave it at that :hihi:

EnGee wrote:Chapter 2 in the manual explains the synthesis used. I don't know why they said 'granular'. It can do classic and pulsar (related to pulse wave). I take it as 'special' sequence of pulse waves!
In the manual, it says: "Pulsar synthesis is a form of granular synthesis named after spinning neutron stars that emit
periodic signals with repitition rates in the range of 0.25 Hz to 642 Hz".
I'll leave it at that :hihi:
"Pulsar synthesis belongs to a larger family of micro-sonic or particle synthesis techniques, one example of which is granular synthesis. These techniques stream or scatter acoustic particles in myriad patterns to produce time-varying sounds"

(Curtis Roads, author of Microsounds, the authoritative work on granular and related synthesis systems, in his AES paper on Pulsar Synthesis, a technique he developed.)

In other words, PS and GS are related subsets of the same parent group of synthesis techniques.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It's nice to read that. Thank you. I will reread the manual and have some search in the net later :)

EnGee wrote:It's nice to read that. Thank you. I will reread the manual and have some search in the net later :)
badly, i don't like to read some NASA "thinks posting".

i prefer going out there with my phuture Serum :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Nu2jnQVo0

at 1'4O0 it begin interesting in grain...

u know ? when my granpa died in 1971, my dad was 25~ then he practiced all sort of work to give food to my mom.
(wood worker.... boat builder at port.... painter, then AUTOCAD...)

he also practiced some electronics to repair all that he have no money to spent to repair.................

so he got an oscillator : i was fascinbated by looking those electric waveforms when i was young :)))

but it's better now when u can get also the sound... this is
PERSONNALLY what i like in Serum.
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Return to “Instruments”