XLN RC-20 Retro Color

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

GeorgeZ wrote:Yup, that does annoy me to no end... my pc, I choose where it goes. I did mention it during the beta years ago, they considered and said it would be looked at at a later date. Was never revisited afaik, and they are QUITE slow with updates (to be fair, they're usually rocksolid when they hit the streets).
I don't care for it either. But the plug looks cool.

Workflow matters for sure. That is why I bought Tantra. I had other plugins that could get there but none were really well thought out and intuitive to use. I'll give the RC-20 a listen and aim to purchase whenever they decide to put it on sale if it strikes the right chord so to speak.

blortblort wrote:
tedannemann wrote:I love this plugin. Easy to use, beautiful GUI and the Magnitude controller (main dry/wet) makes it easy to finde the right balance for your source material.
Corvus Neblud (never heard before): Just two tracks with a little EQ and RC-20 (VHS preset with a little tweaking) on it:
XLN Audio RC-20.mp3
niiiiice job!
I totally agree with you on the ergonomics and practicality of this'n... I have several tools that can "get there" but this guy makes very quick work and that is nearly enough to get me to buy sooner (though I'm sure it will be in my toolbox sooner OR probably later ;P )

Just to let you know: plugindiscounts.com is offering RC-20 currently for $67.79. Absolute bargain for the quality offered. I just noticed that the guys from Sonic Charge were involved realizing this fine thing.

i got speakerphone2 now :D, i did really think about it a long time but it always came up on my wishlist so i got it from a nice kvr'ian!
now i have to check if it has the same features as this plugin and if i can save the money or still have RC-20 in my view.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

rod_zero wrote:
jens wrote:Yeah, Retrocolor is WAY overpriced at 80 bucks - that Goodhertz thing however - which does a tiny fraction of what Retrocolor does - looks mightily interesting at 129$...
I have to agree with this.

This does quite more than some other more expensive stuff.
That's also what the guys at Audiofanzine found out. In fact they LOVE this plugin.
The only real negative they have is the fact that you cannot change the order of the effects. Hopefully, an update will allow to choose the effects in the chain.

Apart from that, they love the simplicity, the workflow, the sound quality, the fact that you can save your presets online and share them with other people, and even the 80€ price.
They argue that it can do pretty much the same effects as the Waves Abbey Road Vinyle plugin that costs $250, and also much more.

(warning: french required)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hpSF4n6oQ

In the video, they give an example of each module (exaggerated), and then a few presets.

Caine123 wrote:i got speakerphone2 now :D, i did really think about it a long time but it always came up on my wishlist so i got it from a nice kvr'ian!
now i have to check if it has the same features as this plugin and if i can save the money or still have RC-20 in my view.
You can do all the things RC-20 does with speakerphone. It'll take lots longer though especially to get the worn tape sound properly going as that involves modulation of the filter sections and odd volume and pan modulations like you hear on old tape. The modulation effect section has a good vibrato effect that you can use along with the vinyl section to get some warbles going. Mainly it'll just take a bit longer to get what you want if what you want is a straightforward worn out magnetic tape effect. If you just wanna f**k up your sounds in fun ways, then you've got lots more options in Speakerphone.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Is Audio Delxue the cheapest place to get RC-20?

plexuss wrote:Is Audio Delxue the cheapest place to get RC-20?
plugindiscounts.com seems to be the cheapest currently (you need to be logged in to see the actual sale price).

tedannemann wrote:
plexuss wrote:Is Audio Delxue the cheapest place to get RC-20?
plugindiscounts.com seems to be the cheapest currently (you need to be logged in to see the actual sale price).
plugindiscounts says $79.79 and Audio Deluxe is $67. Is there some other way to get lower prices on plugindiscounts.com?

Sorry, last week or so it was a few bucks cheaper If I remember it correctly. I would say grab it at audiodeluxe.com then.

tedannemann wrote:Sorry, last week or so it was a few bucks cheaper If I remember it correctly. I would say grab it at audiodeluxe.com then.
I'm going to wait. The plugin companies have trained me that if I want a lower price I just have to wait. I can wait. :)

UPDATE: couldn't wait. I used it on a couple tracks and can see using this more before the first sale making it worth it to me to invest in now.
Last edited by plexuss on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm selling my licence for 60€
Just send me a pm if you're interested
Sold!
Last edited by Semipro on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Computer Music totally dig it, crown it with Ed's choice, Innovation and Performane awards, and a 10/10 perfect rating.

I've been using it a lot. I love noise and distortion in the manner analogue gear imparts it. thats is, subtly but psychoacoustically significant. heres an example:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ca ... lakes-blue

plexuss wrote:I've been using it a lot. I love noise and distortion in the manner analogue gear imparts it. thats is, subtly but psychoacoustically significant. heres an example:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ca ... lakes-blue
Wow! :D This is my kind of stuff and going to buy RC-20 for sure!

Return to “Effects”