Device panel sharing thread

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh yeah this is taking off now :) Thanks (don't have it but thanks all the same - I'm sure many people will be pleased)

I'm considering doing one for Omnisphere but not certain a device mapping would be transferrable due to the way it works in Bitwig. I have made one for Kore 2 before but a Kore KSD is more like a saved project, it contains the Omnisphere automation set within it like any host. But Bitwig appears to be just mapping controls and since in Omnisphere you create automation IDs per project I'm not sure this would be doable.

OK simplest thing would be to test it out - here's a single page just mapping a few basic controls

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... 6d6272.zip

Can someone with Omnisphere 2 tell me if this works or not

do you also tag them now?

I'm not sure what the point would be of doing that, these are device level panels, not presets.

one could for example program a controller script to react on a pressed shift button, so you can switch the single parameters in between the tags, without having to exchange the whole device map.

That sounds interesting, but probably way beyond what I can do.

yea that is something new in the API now if i got it right, but probably moss and others are going to implement it their scripts in the future, so while it doesn't benefit your setup right now, it would be something nice and future proof. :D

But never mind..nothing too important.

Well I guess it wouldn't be hard to add some tags to each page but what? Would it be basic category stuff like "Filter' or "Oscillators" or for it to work would it need to be something more specific like 'Arcsyn Filter" to identify the actual device?

just OSC, Filter, Env and stuff like that i'd say.

OK first update for ACE with some tags - how do these look? I was thinking we could do with a standard list we all use as it would be too easy to end up with too much variation

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... 634555.zip

Gonna check tomorrow, and maybe we can get bitwig to update a generic script with this functionality. Would be nice.

Are the tags intended to give a shortcut way of showing certain pages? So, for instance, picking an OSC tag just shows the pages containing oscilators?

could be used for cycling through single parameters or banks i think.

Return to “Bitwig”