Under talked about DAWS

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You don't hear much about Babya Logic and Babya Logic Pro these days :)

(This will only means something to anyone who has been here more than 10 years!)

Ableton Live 2
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Steinberg Pro12 ...

stuartf wrote:You don't hear much about Babya Logic and Babya Logic Pro these days :)

(This will only means something to anyone who has been here more than 10 years!)
I still use it. Works perfectly with one ping only.

MPC 2.0

I've been using Live since 1.0 and was wanting a change up. I bought a 2nd hand MPC Touch and I'm really enjoying the hybrid setup. Once you get accustomed to the Programs>Tracks>Sequences paradigm it's pretty fast for actually completing tunes. About 95% of the software can be done without touching the computer too!

incubus wrote:
stuartf wrote:You don't hear much about Babya Logic and Babya Logic Pro these days :)

I still use it. Works perfectly with one ping only.
Yeah, but I've heard it can be flaky with this plugin.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

A host I still use, though its discontunued us Phrazor. I so love this DAW.

Even almost a decade after it was shutdown, its still very fast if you're into pattern recording in midi. No 64 bit... but if you use the FL Studio VST plugin it can function as a workaround.

Being that you can layer, control sequences remotely by midi key, & just get deep with the basic functions makes it perfect for me. You cant load it up with too many VSTs, but you can work very quickly once you know how everything gels together.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:A host I still use, though its discontunued us Phrazor. I so love this DAW.

Even almost a decade after it was shutdown, its still very fast if you're into pattern recording in midi. No 64 bit... but if you use the FL Studio VST plugin it can function as a workaround.

Being that you can layer, control sequences remotely by midi key, & just get deep with the basic functions makes it perfect for me. You cant load it up with too many VSTs, but you can work very quickly once you know how everything gels together.
+10000

Phrazor and ERA2 both unequalled MIDI powerhouses. Thankfully, they both still work for me.

I really hoped that when Sugarbytes took over Sonicbytes that they would have nurtured development of these. Must admit I was hugely disappointed with Thesys and Consequence.

Come back Holger! :cry:

I think it highly depends on who you talk to and where you hangout.

Magix don't do themselves any favours. there is very little help esp. for beginners online.
so it is a steep learning curve. and yet it is very powerful, most powerful daw i have tried. ( automation is a bit in need of some refinement.). maybe they have their 'market' well judged. there is a guy called Kraznet that does video tutorials of any worth.. it puzzles me, so.. i would say Samplitude because i have left questions in the forum and there are like three people responded over a year..
bonkers innit... :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”