New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infinite PRO

Hans already took care of it and fixed it.
Everything's working as expected here.

Looks nice and i really had bought it maybe for €100 but i won´t pay that much for just a bit more features than the €20 iOS app.
I still think it´s a great tool.

nordickvr wrote:Hans already took care of it and fixed it.
Thanks man!

How do you rate it?

simmo75 wrote:
Thanks man!

How do you rate it?
For experimentation, total pleasure.
You probably already checked what Simon (Patchpool) came with,
definitely the better way to see the potential of the instrument.
Of course, Simon is not the average programmer, so YMMV.

nordickvr wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
Thanks man!

How do you rate it?
For experimentation, total pleasure.
You probably already checked what Simon (Patchpool) came with,
definitely the better way to see the potential of the instrument.
Of course, Simon is not the average programmer, so YMMV.
Indeed! A genius at work.
Excellent! I think l can justify buying this as I don’t think I have anything that is like it :phones:

Normally: no license transfers = no purchase from me.

Wolfgang Palm = inventor of a very musical form of synthesis when I was a child + modern implementation ( - license transfers ) = purchase from me | no brainer.

-------> :phones:

Hi guys, I bought it and installed it.

I can’t open it at all... apparently it is currupted and both Cubase 9.5 and Ableton Live 9 and 10 have quarantined it.
I’ve emailed them.

Any ideas?

Edit: FIXED :)
Last edited by simmo75 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yup... same here (after a nights sleep)

I did find a bug right away. A note goes up an octave or something like when switching from 44.1 to 96khz sample rate.

This is one crazy-ass synth!
PPG Infinite.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

plexuss wrote:This is one crazy-ass synth!
Wait until you start digging into it's capability with the Morpher/Molder and Noiser... The Morpher is like 5 wavetables, that can each have their own time scale and you can morph between them using the XY pad. Then the Molder is like another wavetable that shapes the output of the Morpher.

I've made 1 preset so far... and morphing around the one preset while changing the time envelope for the Molder completely changes and evolves the sound... and of course, you can re-synthesize your own samples and sounds... one crazy-ass synth indeed! :tu:

Cinebient wrote:Looks nice and i really had bought it maybe for €100 but i won´t pay that much for just a bit more features than the €20 iOS app.
Then you better don't demo it... Cause the ability to re-synthesize your own audio is a rather big feature! 8)

Can anyone highlight differences from iOS version?

pdxindy wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Looks nice and i really had bought it maybe for €100 but i won´t pay that much for just a bit more features than the €20 iOS app.
Then you better don't demo it... Cause the ability to re-synthesize your own audio is a rather big feature! 8)
Yes, i‘m scared G.A.S. kicks in.
So do you say it‘s worth to pay that much more for the resynthesis options?
(Maye the iPad version gets it too in the future?).
Good that i have no time to demo it in the next days :)
But i think i will in near future. Never bought a PPG synth for desktop yet but this one is really very interesting.
I ask me if you can change patches between iOS and desktop and vice versa.

I just burned some GAS. It felt good....

All Infinite...

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/as-infinite-is

Cinebient wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Yes, i‘m scared G.A.S. kicks in.
So do you say it‘s worth to pay that much more for the resynthesis options?
(Maye the iPad version gets it too in the future?).
Good that i have no time to demo it in the next days :)
But i think i will in near future. Never bought a PPG synth for desktop yet but this one is really very interesting.
I ask me if you can change patches between iOS and desktop and vice versa.
Really depends on the person... For me it is obviously worth it cause I don't use my iPad Pro for music stuff, so the iOS version is not useful except I got it as a way to long term demo Infinite for when the Pro came out. But I think for me it would be worth it anyway because I know I will be using the resynthesis. I brought in one audio clip, did some tweaking, a totally unexpected preset resulted and it was too much fun already to pass up.

I assume you can bring presets back and forth though for me, it does not matter. I might just delete the iPad version at this point. I doubt the iPad version gets the resynthesis cause that is kinda the justification for those who complain about the price discrepancy.

I also have Phonem (which is one of my favorite synths) and Wavemapper 2 on the Mac. I have not really used Wavemapper yet... but I can already tell I will be using Infinite Pro. I think if I could only have 1 of them, it would be Phonem because I have nothing else that can do that sort of synthesized vocal stuff. I think Infinite Pro is quickly going to grow on me. Yeah... better you don't demo it :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”