Unfiltered Audio Effects

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got their G8 plugin and it does absolutely nothing. Doesn't work.

vallaton wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm trying to decide between Zip, G8 and SpecOps. not sure if i'd have use for any of them, but i've been eyeing the SpecOps before.
do any of these have any subtle uses for ie game or film audio that isn't lazers or music?
g8 has a handy inverse feature so you can gate then split a signal into the bits the gate lets through and the bits the gate does not.
SpecOps is very good as well but very much for sound transformation - subtle or not
Zip I have not used

Debutante wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 pm I got their G8 plugin and it does absolutely nothing. Doesn't work.
What DAW? You should let them know.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Debutante wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 pm I got their G8 plugin and it does absolutely nothing. Doesn't work.
I assume you know how a gate works.This is a complicated gate and takes some getting used to.Works fine for me just has a steep learning curve.Sorry you're having issues .Hopefully you can keep at it and get it to work for you. :)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

I have all their stuff and did some beta testing for some of their more recent stuff. Spec ops is worth having if you are into sound design (there aren’t many well put together spectral domain processing plugins out there and it is great along with their modulation system). The dent/indent stuff is a great distortion setup with some real neat features that are hard to pull off with other waveshaping plugins. Then come the delays, sandman pro is my goto Delay for any application that doesn’t require some kind of specific “analog” flavor such as a bucket brigade type tone or whatever. It also can go into some insane areas with the mod system along with the buffer freezing and start/ stop modulations. For a very simple delay I usually pull up their instant delay.

Then you get to their later offerings (biome, triad, lion). These seem to have landed at the wrong point between “crazy flexible” and “easy to use”. The modules don’t have enough depth for many of the things I want to do while simultaneously taking a while to setup.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I’ve got a few of their things... Sandman Pro’s great. Spec Ops, great too. I tried to like BYOME... but it always seemed to sound a bit thin to me. Flat. I like NI’s Molekular more. MXXX for real open modular effects. I did pick up Lion, though. Those effects when coupled with a weird synth seem to work for me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Thanks everyone, got the SpecOps! Haven't really dug into it, but so far it feels deep!

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 am
What DAW? You should let them know.
Already did. They’ve known about the ‘Reject Out’ issue since 2017, but the fix never materialised. Shame, because it ain’t bad when it works.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 am
V0RT3X wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am I wonder how it works though.. do the developers at Unfiltered Audio get a say on PA putting their hard work up on sale constantly?
It usually works like that. Publishers which publish on Steam have a say on the discounts, and the amount or revenues that Steam gets is also a matter of negotiation
I think the Steam comparison is rather good for one reason -- 37% of steam games are never played, over 50% are played a couple of times at most.

Those sales and the humblebundle deals essentially give them a way of price discrimination and extracting additional income from people who might never buy those games at full price (and who in turn may never play them).

I think PA do something similar, if you *must* have a plugin today then you can get it at full price, if you are willing to pay a reasonable amount then you can sign up to the subscription for some time (and I imagine a lot of subscriptions end up being like gym subscriptions -- people sign up once and then rarely use them), if you don't mind waiting you can get something specific at the sales -- which also attract impulse purchases ("it's only 35 dollars") and give them income they wouldn't get if everything was always full price.

UA plugins are quite good value for money. They tend to have their own slant and do things that others don’t. Always a good grab.

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:55 pm UA plugins are quite good value for money. They tend to have their own slant and do things that others don’t. Always a good grab.
Yes, indeed!
They are modern, unique and comprehensive.
It's a real pity that they are quite devalued by the pricing / marketing strategies of Plungin Alliance. They are worth far more than the flash sale and second hand market prices.

Calenberger wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:27 pm Yes, indeed!
It's a real pity that they are quite devalued by the pricing / marketing strategies of Plungin Alliance. They are worth far more than the flash sale and second hand market prices.
Yeah, they are nice -- but again see above; pricing discrimination can often be a method of bringing in far more money than by adopting one single fixed high price. Think of all those impulse purchases they make that are end up languishing on the hard drive of a bedroom musician, or similarly the mindshare built up among students who can afford the plugins when they are on sale.

They keep bringing more plugins on board, so I assume they are doing well financially and this works for them.

Calenberger wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:27 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:55 pm UA plugins are quite good value for money. They tend to have their own slant and do things that others don’t. Always a good grab.
Yes, indeed!
I think UA pretty happy to use these marketing strategies of Plugin Alliance. They don't need to think about self-promotion and all that stuff. They have more mental forces and more time to develop something instead of selling or promoting it.

As I see, Plugin Alliance marketing strategies really work! Developers take their money, users take some quality plugins for an affordable price. Win-win, in my opinion :)

Yes, indeed!
Before they joined PA they were selling their plugins for $19 each ... I bought G8 and Sandman from them back then.

Dombaeb wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 pm
Yes, indeed!
I think UA pretty happy to use these marketing strategies of Plugin Alliance. They don't need to think about self-promotion and all that stuff. They have more mental forces and more time to develop something instead of selling or promoting it.

As I see, Plugin Alliance marketing strategies really work! Developers take their money, users take some quality plugins for an affordable price. Win-win, in my opinion :)
I agree. It gives them good exposure and handles alot of the marketing and sales so they don't have to stress about that. They can simply focus on plugin development and bug fixes. That's certainly an ideal condition that I would appreciate. Although, I don't think it would work quite as well as advertised, though.

Return to “Effects”