RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hello !
Who will answer why all phrases and midi files are dragged onto the track already locked with a yellow lock? Perhaps there is a Lock on add setting somewhere?

Very interesting BluGenes!

In the context of that doc, I notice "Cakewalk" does not appear.

Perhaps that is deep legacy on Attila's part, and perhaps no longer really applicable. (?)

Personally, I just take the "Cakewalk" out and use: C:\Program Files\VstPlugins

sj1 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 pm I'm wondering, why "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins" ?

Do folks actually like this as a default plug-in installation location, or like me, are they backspacing their life away with every new beta? :hihi:
Because that was the VST folder stored in your registry :hihi:
The installer does not show a static VST folder, instead, it reads the registry to figure out your VST folder location...

On my PC:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off - June 3-18

lulukom wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:57 pm Hello !
Who will answer why all phrases and midi files are dragged onto the track already locked with a yellow lock? Perhaps there is a Lock on add setting somewhere?
You enabled "Enable 'Lock To Scale' For All Added Phrases" in the settings, maybe accidentally. Please turn that off.

Yes ! )) Thanks !

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:16 pm
sj1 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 pm I'm wondering, why "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins" ?

Do folks actually like this as a default plug-in installation location, or like me, are they backspacing their life away with every new beta? :hihi:
Because that was the VST folder stored in your registry :hihi:
The installer does not show a static VST folder, instead, it reads the registry to figure out your VST folder location...

On my PC:
Sure enough! Thanks kindly. I learn something new every day!

Although I did not plan to waste a whole day on importing v3 composition files, finally it works with one caveat: phrase generators won't restore their original notes, rather they provide you an alternative phrase compared to the original one. This is funny and annoying at the same time, but it is impossible to restore them for two reasons:
  • a new, improved random number generator with bigger internal state is used in v4. This alone makes it impossible to get the same notes.
  • some phrase generators have different parameters, or have them rearranged.
So, this is what I could do. At least the old templates can be loaded, although not exactly as our Chris Caulder meant them to sound...

Thanks,
Attila

So, this is what I could do. At least the old templates can be loaded
It's good to hear it) Will there be a new beta?

Attila, is it possible in the near future to add the choice and remembering the disk location for browser files?

lulukom wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:48 am There are a lot of crashes: here is one ..
Many thanks, lulukom, this was very useful.
There was a crashing bug in the phrase editor when resizing notes.

Thanks,
Attila

:tu:

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:44 pm Although I did not plan to waste a whole day on importing v3 composition files, finally it works with one caveat: phrase generators won't restore their original notes, rather they provide you an alternative phrase compared to the original one. This is funny and annoying at the same time, but it is impossible to restore them for two reasons:
  • a new, improved random number generator with bigger internal state is used in v4. This alone makes it impossible to get the same notes.
  • some phrase generators have different parameters, or have them rearranged.
So, this is what I could do. At least the old templates can be loaded, although not exactly as our Chris Caulder meant them to sound...

Thanks,
Attila
FWIW, I think this will be very helpful. There's alot of different information in a Composition and being able to reload the bulk of it is a big step up over having to start again from scratch. Thanks for taking it on!

RapidComposer v4.0b4 is available!

Improvements:
  • It is possible to import v3 composition files (except for original phrase generator notes that are not possible to restore)
  • Default file browser mask is 'show all files' ("*")
  • Enabling 'Auto-Apply' immediately applies current phrase
  • Panic button also mutes phrase generator preview
  • Fix crash when pressing F4 (envelope editing)
  • Fixed crash in the Phrase Editor when resizing notes

Thanks for 404. Old songs in v.3 now open, but not old track templates. The browser still does not remember the location of my external disk with midi files.

Hi.

I think there may be an issue with the v3 import process wrt. the track sliders.

Here's how a newly created native v4 track looks:

RC - Sliders v4 Native.jpg

and here is how an imported v3 track looks:

RC - Sliders V3 imported.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”