What would you buy now if you could never buy any new plugins or software or hardware ever again?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oof this is a good question. Well timed too as I’ve kind of told myself no more plug-in/music hardware from this weekend. If I can’t make music with what I have then it’s not worth any more money on it.

My list would be (and is)

Ableton live 11
UAD Solo + UAD Satellite Octo
MacBook Pro
Reverend Sensei Guitar
Neural Dsp Abasi, Plini, Nolly, Tim Henson
Shure SM50 + cloudlifter
UAD API plug-ins (all of them)
UAD LA2A
UAD 1176
UAD Pultec collection
UAD Manley Massive Passive EQ
UAD Galaxy Echo
UAD Distressor
Fabfilter (everything)
Arturia V collection
Kontact
GGD Aggressive Rock kit
Heavyocity Damage 2
Submission Audio Eurobass and DjinnBass

Edit - Also Arturia Keylab essentials 61

And thats pretty much what I’m using now.

Rapid synthesizer

Not much use without a host to run it in, genius.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

dangayle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:42 pmAfter this week, you can never buy any new software or hardware again. What do you do?
Clearly, you'd just buy everything you don't already own. Sell your car, sell your house, just get it all this week and you can worry about the rest of your life next week.
Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:36 amMore pertinently, I don't get why people would settle for a small keyboard as their only controller. In a setup I'll be stuck with for literally the rest of my life, I'd want my input devices to cover as much ground as possible: 88 hammer keys, lots of knobs/faders, drum pads, pedals, and the most expressive whatever I can get my hands on.
OTOH, I'd be much happier with a mouse and a Roli Lightpad Block because they are right there, at my fingertips, while I am sitting in front of my computer. I can't play piano, although I've never tried, so an 88 key controller is less than irrelevant to me. If I had to pick the best controller for me out of every controller on the market today, it would be a KeyStep 37. Three octaves of small keys, with aftertouch, is perfect for my needs. But I'd still want to have my Lightpad Block and if I could only have one, the Lightpad Block would get the gig. It's really all I need.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'd probably be good with a DAW and Komplete. And a controller keyboard, preferrably from Arturia.

Although I'm not sure if this is the "deserted island" poll, or if you can take more with you. :)

BONES wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:22 am Not much use without a host to run it in, genius.
ok, I didn't read the first post and misunderstood the question, no need to let your manners down and actually produce a response a tad moronic

You don't think that not reading the first post makes you perhaps seem a tad stupid? I know when I have done the same it's made me feel quite stupid.

BONES wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:57 am You don't think that not reading the first post makes you perhaps seem a tad stupid? I know when I have done the same it's made me feel quite stupid.
Not nearly as stupid as I would seem calling someone out for it in your manners

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”