Logic Pro for iPad Announced! (subscription)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:22 am Keeps checking AppStore….
me too lol although many have 'speculated' it will probably be about 1pm EST and some of them may actually know and have vids waiting to be posted immediately upon release to garner the most views

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

BONES wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am
SLiC wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 amTo me its an insignificant amount of money and I am happy to pay it, in fact I cant wait to pay it...bring it on. :hyper:
In true Applyte fashion. Well done, you. OTOH, I'd rather spend my money on beer and resent every penny that goes to anything else.
You should stay the f**k out of iPad threads, you sad troll who doesn’t have anything to add.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Looks like its available to download,

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/logic-pro ... 1615087040 680Megs

A user on Elektonoughts (eclipxe) already posted initial thoughts- - I though this was useful, looks pretty good to me for a launch version!

Key things:

UI is incredibly fluid and easy to get around
The plugin tiles are so useful - even AUv3s show controls. Love the metering. love love love them
Region and midi editing are quick and fluid. Best I’ve used in an iOS DAW
Very powerful region and midi controls - very deep settings for quantization, etc
Time sig, tempo, markers are all solid
All of the instruments are there and redesigned UIs (except Ultrabeat (which is now Drum Machine Designer)) and the full Sampler.
All of the effects are there
Midi fx are there, including SCRIPTER!!!
AUv3s so far integrate very nicely, feel native
Full automation editing for Auv3s
Mixer is incredible
All of the drummers are there
Pattern editor is all there, very very very deep
Live loops all there
The chord strips, guitar strips, fretboard and scale locked keyboard are nice and available in any instrument
The browser now includes previews for everything (including instruments) - something missing from desktop logic
Has flex time

Things missing from the desktop so far:

Score editor
Arrangement markers
Region aliases
No flex pitch editing or flex time marker editing
Alchemy full editing (though somewhat compensated by Sample Alchemy)
Full Multi Sampler is there for compat but no editing (the Quick Sampler mitigates with full features, slicing, time stretch, etc)
Settings are a bit sparse
No environment editor
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

not seeing in app store as of yet here but final cut is up
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:51 pm not seeing in app store as of yet here but final cut is up
I didn't see it when I looked about an hour ago (UK) maybe its rolled out by territory.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The manual is up: https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpr ... ome/ipados

They have screenshots of the new interfaces for legacy Emagic instruments. Here's ES2:
a415cdeb2ef91e91bc6411f82eca29e0.png

My first reaction was "what the hell is this?"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I hate signatures too.

thnx

Pretty impressive first release- pleased ES2 and the unique Vocoder have survived

Pretty impressive first release- pleased ES2 and the unique Vocoder have survived

SLiC wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:20 pm Things missing from the desktop so far:

Score editor
Arrangement markers
Region aliases
No flex pitch editing or flex time marker editing
Alchemy full editing (though somewhat compensated by Sample Alchemy)
Full Multi Sampler is there for compat but no editing (the Quick Sampler mitigates with full features, slicing, time stretch, etc)
Settings are a bit sparse
No environment editor
No Flex Pitch... bummer... that was one of the things I was thinking might be useful.

No Alchemy either...

What about Sculpture?

There is Alchemy and Sculpture but both with more limited editing options, of the 2 Sculpture seems to have more depth to it though and is very usable

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:52 pm No Flex Pitch... bummer... that was one of the things I was thinking might be useful.

No Alchemy either...

What about Sculpture?
Check the manual. Alchemy is there. It just has the limited "performer" interface (like in GarageBand) instead of the full patch editor.

Sculpture is there too. It looks like this:
707431b90ec9c5d0f1056384ab9ece83.png
Seems like you can scroll to access more parameters.

This idea of "line wrap" for synth controls is really strange. I'll have to remember it next time I'm deliberately trying to make a UI as confusing as possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I hate signatures too.

It’s missing most of what I expected it would, but I’m actually pleasantly surprised by how much is actually here for the initial release. Even though all the decades old instruments and effects look half finished with prototype GUIs, I’m glad they’re actually included for round trip compatibility. Still a ways to go, but a promising first start.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 pm

Check the manual. Alchemy is there. It just has the limited "performer" interface (like in GarageBand) instead of the full patch editor.
Yeah, I understand. Bummer for me cause I was wondering if I could make my iPad Pro an Alchemy hardware synth cause Logic is not my primary DAW. So the answer is no.
Last edited by pdxindy on Tue May 23, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more I play with this, the more I appreciate what Steinberg has accomplished with Cubasis (iPad) over the past few years. I don’t think Logic is up to that level yet overall, but here’s hoping we see a continual flow of updates and improvements over the coming months. As far as completeness this is more like 30% of the Mac version, at least for me and my use cases.
Last edited by Tronam on Tue May 23, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”