Logic Pro for iPad Announced! (subscription)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/05/ ... o-to-ipad/

''Starting Tuesday, May 23, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad will each be available on the App Store for $4.99 (US) per month or $49 (US) per year with a one-month free trial.8 Final Cut Pro is compatible with M1 chip iPad models or later, and Logic Pro will be available on A12 Bionic chip iPad models or later. Final Cut Pro for iPad and Logic Pro for iPad require iPadOS 16.4. For more information, visit apple.com/final-cut-pro-for-ipad and apple.com/logic-pro-for-ipad.''
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

There's one month free... so look forward to trying it out.

Oh no, not another subscription!

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:38 pm There's one month free... so look forward to trying it out.
Ditto, as a PC user this is as close as I will get to logic (and my once beloved Alchemy)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:39 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:38 pm There's one month free... so look forward to trying it out.
Ditto, as a PC user this is as close as I will get to logic (and my once beloved Alchemy)
Assuming it's the full version, that's pretty damn close! :hihi:

It’s more of GarageBand with extra features and plugins, than Logic
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:24 am It’s more of GarageBand with extra features and plugins, than Logic
No it isn’t

LP for iPad? Yay!

Subscription? Awwww :x
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:23 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:39 pm
Assuming it's the full version, that's pretty damn close! :hihi:
Currently no reason to doubt that it won’t be the full version of Alchemy, I’m assuming they are just porting code.
The videos of have watched all see to agree it’s the full version of logic (and Alchemy) with just a new touch interface and browser… The new instrument Alchemy Sampler looks to be based on SAMPLR which is very good (I think the dev went to work for Apple).

Sounds to me like they will keep adding presets and loop packs monthly like Reason+ in the subscription so that could be interesting…

Any wait for the 1 month free demo!

LOL, ATM more expensive than the respective Mac apps. For how long do we have those latest versions now? I guess, that makes their price less than 50 US$ or equivalent per year. Quite expensive the iOS versions. And maybe a foreshadowing, hopefully not.

steff3 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:14 am LOL, ATM more expensive than the respective Mac apps. For how long do we have those latest versions now? I guess, that makes their price less than 50 US$ or equivalent per year. Quite expensive the iOS versions. And maybe a foreshadowing, hopefully not.
What you get for the 50$ may also include very regular content updates (like Reason+) but of course there isn't an option not to pay subscription if you don't want all the extra loops and presets etc...still. I'm excited to see it, cost of a coffee every month- I can live with that and if I dont like it just stop paying...no biggy.

Loudness_Contour wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:00 pm Oh no, not another subscription!
So because you're so against subscriptions, it means that you also don't have Netflix, Prime, Disney and others?

Not to mention Spotify and Office365 which I couldn't live without and much prefer on subscription!

Are there any hands-on videos?
All I can find on Youtube is just talks about it.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:55 pm Are there any hands-on videos?
All I can find on Youtube is just talks about it.
Not yet, it’s released on 23 of May so nothing yet…

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”