Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think anything about the sound engine has changed. Although the default loaded patch on startup seemed to sound a bit different, strangely... maybe I was imagining things.

Probably done on a current SDK - I’m predicting Largo 2 runs more efficiently on newer CPU’s (like D16’s Lush 2 does)

What I’m wondering is if the Blofeld will get a firmware update; getting some of the new ‘stuff’ from Largo 2

Waldorf just charged 39USD for UI resize.

What a disaster. I tried to download the trial version and the only thing I can download is the manual pdf. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Edit: I posted too early in the thread before giving it a workout. They've fixed my major complaints with it, but there's still a few things I'm not happy with.

Like the mod matrix source list. It's all jammed into one long, narrow list that requires lots of scrolling. And the font is really miniscule, even on my larger desktop monitor.
I would have preferred a few side by side columns with larger fonts.

I had a little trouble with the browser and it took a couple tries before everything was showing up right.
Some areas have orange fonts on a red background and there's not much contrast there to make it legible.

My biggest complaint, and the reason I stopped using it a few years ago has been fixed though.
Release velocity works correctly in the vst3 version now. :love: :party:

At first I thought 'no way I'm getting sucked into this again', but I think I'll probably end up getting it.
Last edited by felis on Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

jobinho wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:07 pm Waldorf just charged 39USD for UI resize.
I paid $26.69 😎

NM

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:24 pm looks like they let the toilet guy make the GUI in his spare time.
Very funny and true. :lol:

Largo 2 is completely unstable for me. I'm on a M2 Pro Mac mini running Sonoma 14.1 in Logic 10.7.9.

The issues:

1. There are no Local Library presets showing in the browser, yet they're in the folder. I've hit rescan a bunch of times. Nothing.
2. I copied them over to the User Library and they appear, however, double clicking on a bank name does not load the bank. I have to right-click, hit "open" and then the bank loads.
3. But when I do that, Largo 2's size resets back to normal. Make it bigger, load a bank, it gets small again.
4. After loading a bank and clicking on a preset, there is like a 2 second delay/spinning wheel. Delay happens only when clicking on the first preset after loading a bank. Clicking on other presets after that is fine.
5. I'm getting hanging notes as I click through presets.

I made a video

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE OVERDRAMATIC THUMBNAIL. :hihi:

https://youtu.be/IkeEciy907M

goldenanalog wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:15 pm I paid $26.69 😎
Did you have a coupon code? I thought I saw one somewhere, but can't find it again.

NM - it was in the article in the first post - TREAT20
Edit - NM - that coupon was for another store.

Nice upgrade price, but yeah that GUI is worse than v1. The Blofeld exemplifies simplicity in beauty, so why can’t Waldorf find a designer to make nice looking software?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Yeah Largo deserves more love, IMHO. This is a start at least.

Ideas:
- Better oversampling
- Sample accurate modulation
- MPE support
- CLAP format with voice modulation support
- ENV curves
- SVF filter type
- pre-/post-filter distortion switch
- Overhauled preset browser with favs and tags
- Bugtesting and fixing

GUI looks like a blood-soaked rag.

Worse than the "Atmorph T" preset that loads with Largo 1.

Looks like a mixture between the old Albino 3 GUI and the Ohmicide GUI

goldenanalog wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:06 pm What I’m wondering is if the Blofeld will get a firmware update; getting some of the new ‘stuff’ from Largo 2
I'd love to see a "Blofeld 2" with double the polyphony, better FX, and a richer, fuller sound. Sort of like the new Korg modwave 2.

Return to “Instruments”