Current Launch v2 - A new instrument platform by Minimal Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hm, I can't resize it, it seems? I thought you might grab the lower right side - and indeed, there the arrow changes to something that might imply resizing. But then it doesn't do anything when dragging... Also, no size option in the menu, just a 'resize' one that doesn't do anything. Confused... can anybody help?

Including your daw and OS and vst 2 or 3 may help?

For sure on Cubendo on both mac and pc, for me it resized easily.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Well, not if it would be a standard issue or if there is just a simple option to do so that works for everybody.... But just for you: :hug: Logic 10.8, Sonoma, Mini M1.

Edit: Seems to be a bug, as it is clearly changing the cursor to the 'resize' arrow, but it doesn't do anything.
Last edited by tq on Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The stream UI desperately needs a bit of tweaking. I'd much prefer a way to show all packs available as a grid and delve into them that way. The carousel solution is clunky as hell. Also, a 'sort by' option is needed for results; sort alphabetically, by type, etc.

Also, the warp algo seems to really struggle with percussive bass type samples if you play below the root, cutting off the attack every now and then.

It's a great start though what with the stream integration etc. I hope the stream starts to grow quickly because 340 presets isn't a great lot though, especially when you split those into genres!
Last edited by m-ac on Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tq wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:38 pm Well, not if it would be a standard issue or if there is just a simple option to do so that works for everybody.... But just for you: :hug: Logic 10.8, Sonoma, Mini M1.
Thanks, yes I think this might get you a better answer.
I don't have Logic, but in Cubendo it works fine (with vst3 anyway).
rsp
sound sculptist

m-ac wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:41 pm The stream UI desperately needs a bit of tweaking. I'd much prefer a way to show all packs available as a grid and delve into them that way. The carousel solution is clunky as hell. Also, a 'sort by' option is needed for results; sort alphabetically, by type, etc.

Agreed.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:42 pm
tq wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:38 pm Well, not if it would be a standard issue or if there is just a simple option to do so that works for everybody.... But just for you: :hug: Logic 10.8, Sonoma, Mini M1.
Thanks, yes I think this might get you a better answer.
I don't have Logic, but in Cubendo it works fine (with vst3 anyway).
rsp
Yes, sent them a bug report already. Hope they can fix this, as it's certainly tiny on my display... Sound is big, though. :D

Whaou, 5 pages in a few hours... Seems Current is finely going to have the success it deserves.

Minimal Audio wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:01 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:28 pm Thanks again for listening..
How does one demo it?

Also, so theoretically i can own it for $139 in a years time? ($120 annual giving me $180, and assuming the price doesn't go up, the $19 additional).
Btw can one use the credit during a sale?
thanks
rsp
You can demo it (without any payment details) by clicking on the "30 Day Free Trial" button where the different purchase options are shown.

Yes, for the annual plan that is correct. You could pay $120 for one year of the All Access plan, which would give you $180 credit. Add $19 cash and you can purchase the perpetual license.

Credit cannot be combined with discounts/sales. We think the $60 bonus credit for annual subscribers is a great evergreen deal and we don't intend to go lower than that for any sales.
Ahhhh. That is a freaking bad news...

.... For my wallet 😅

I was just managing to convince me that I don't need the synth no matter how fun it is and I shouldn't buy it at 199Usd....

And now I discover I can have it at 30% discount...

Really Minimal Audio?!
I hate you 🤣.

I will still wait a few weeks (or days?) though just to lie to myself and falsely convince myself that I am a reasonable person.

Edit: Seems to be a bug, as it is clearly changing the cursor to the 'resize' arrow, but it doesn't do anything.
It's a bug in Logic, I think. Running 10.7.9 here and running into the same issue. On macOS, here's a nifty little workaround replete with a bonus:

https://www.larrymtaylor.com/software.php

Scroll down until you see 'StandaloneHost' and you're in the money my friend!
Duality without regard to physicality

This is a consistent issue we have in Logic and perhaps you all can tell me if there's other stuff which doesn't have this issue. But in Logic, they put a border around the plugin, If you click outside of that border, the mouse click doesn't hit the plugin and the resize doesn't happen, you need to make sure you click inside the border on the plugin UI.

Let me know if that sorts it!

Jac459 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:40 am ..
Lol, I actually saw your comments on the original thread about how there was no way to get an intro price/deal and redid the wording on the plan cards to make it clearer.
Last edited by Minimal Audio on Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minimal Audio wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:50 am
Lol, I actually saw your comments on the original thread about how there was no way to get an intro price/deal and redid the working on the plan cards to make it clearer.
That's awesome mate!

I really hate you 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I just bought 2 reverbs this week but I will definitely buy your plugin in the coming days.

Jac459 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:05 am
Minimal Audio wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:50 am
Lol, I actually saw your comments on the original thread about how there was no way to get an intro price/deal and redid the working on the plan cards to make it clearer.
That's awesome mate!

I really hate you 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I just bought 2 reverbs this week but I will definitely buy your plugin in the coming days.
I seem to have a bug while trying to purchase.
I have an active plan that I cancelled but still active until the 13th November.
Now I am trying to purchase the yearly plan but it doesn't allow me.
What should I do?

(I guess first step is to contact the support but I wanted to post here as we may be many in this situation).

Disclaimer - I haven't read all the details on the web site yet.

This is not meant to be negative - but I think it might be helpful to mention what you *don't* get by buying the perpetual license vs the rent to own.
Perpetual license gives you all the factory presets as of now but you get a year of full access, so does that mean you're just "renting" any new presets/wavetables/fx that come out in the next year? ie you don't own them anymore after the year is up?
Of course after that - you own what you own and you pay for any expansions that come out 9that's the easy part)

Also - does the rent to own give you full access to all the stand alone fx? That would mean you wouldn't have to buy any of the other FX, and would eventually pay them off?

I *will* read through all the details - just trying to get a head start ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Instruments”