What do you make music for? 🎹 🎶 🎸

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

What do you make music for?

1. To become a star and be rich and famous.
4%
2. To at least become known about it.
7%
3. Actually only for myself, but becoming known and famous would also make me happy.
20%
4. Actually only for myself, but I would like to be able to make a living from it financially.
28%
5. Just for myself. Notoriety means nothing to me.
41%

Total votes: 75

RELATED
PRODUCTS

i make music, for the universe itself, not the inhabitants thereof.

Spending quality time making music is the most enoyable hobby i have in my life. Even when I just dick around make noise whith a new synth or whatever i never feel like i'm wating time. I feel like i'm doing what I love it times flies by.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:21 pm i make music, for the universe itself, not the inhabitants thereof.
Yes, that is ... quite special! As if you had a connection and an affection
for the universe and infinity ... :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:32 am
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:21 pm i make music, for the universe itself, not the inhabitants thereof.
Actually it's called weed.

an affinity to infinity.

VOODOO U wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:51 am
Actually it's called weed.
the wise see beauty in all things.
especially after a bong or 3.

Hate bongs and pipes. Love joints and I don't care if that makes me a bitch. My record is smoking a whole joint in just over 60 seconds. And that was at a health club just before a workout. Its been a while though.

What was this thread about again?

I've mostly settled into creating music for myself. There was a time when I dreamt of bigger things.

I just play for myself. Actually, I started learning a new instrument - saxophone. My friend, who plays sax and clarinet started learning flute last year and here presently created a blog for woodwinds so he can learn and also write about them.

You can check it here - https://woodwindy.com/

I want to try the same.

For myself and for fans.
Nothings beats having that connection with one fan in the crowd than playing for thousands of ppl who might not get it..
If I can connect with someone through music.. its just wonderful.

I absolutely dont want to be famous... so much pressure to make things that OTHER ppl like.
Wouldnt happen with the things i like anyways. :)

cryophonik wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:11 am ... I really don’t want to dedicate the time and effort to all the self-promotion that it takes to get your name and music out there. That takes away time and energy that could be spent on making music (that nobody hears because I don’t promote it enough :hihi: )
When my first album was about ready to be anything, I thought about manufacturing some CDs and getting it to the marketplace. I soon found exactly what you're saying, it means a large expenditure of time to create a market, and a waste of my precious time, and ultimately who gives a f**k anyway. I'm notorious enough.

I'm not the person to compromise and do what people like in order to seek to establish fame (chances are too high I hate what everybody loves); the idea you do this first and then once that works you do what you like isn't what tends to occur. People lose themselves whoring like that (not to disrespect literal whoring, it's a job), aka selling out.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enroe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:01 am [snip]
Therefore, there is always some tension remaining between point
(5) of the list above and the other points (1), (2) and (3).
This is why I chose none of the options. No one can thrive in a vacuum. I've seen it attempted. NG: Don't Work. I make music qua music, but music never isn't a form of communication.

jancivil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:40 pm ... but music never isn't a form of communication.
Isn't it? ... Or isn't it not never? :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

One should make music that one will listen to themselves... I don't get those who make something but say they never listen to it. Then do something else. It matters not who online listens to it, what online entities I don't know & will never meet? This is why I share the 'dregs' the WIP or concept or whatever online no way I am uploading my good stuff too easy to get stolen & used for profit. My good stuff only me, family & occasionally a friend or two listen but mostly ME! The internet is a toilet....

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”