Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

My offer is also 149 and I have VC7 + 3modulations + plate140(freebie) + jun6chorus(freebie)

So is it confirmed that there's currently no discount offer for VC6 owners?
That's wouldn't be very reassuring considering I'm skipping VC8 to see what's eventually good on VC9.

Arturia is clearly trying to push an update every year model for existing users. $149 to upgrade from the last and $349 if you’re going back more than one version. It ensures folks who stay up to date get the best price and those who wait pay extra. It’s almost a subscription but at least you get to keep the licenses had and they continue to update them. Not the worst model in the world frankly.

Niowiad wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:53 am My offer is also 149 and I have VC7 + 3modulations + plate140(freebie) + jun6chorus(freebie)

So is it confirmed that there's currently no discount offer for VC6 owners?
That's wouldn't be very reassuring considering I'm skipping VC8 to see what's eventually good on VC9.
When I asked Arturia about upgrade discounts in February, I was told they weren't offering the same relatively deep discounts to owners who were "two versions behind" as they have in years past. So those of us with V6 who didn't think it was worth staying on the treadmill for V7 have found steeper upgrade prices. And this is pretty much the same, even if you own the effects bundles or bought one or two standalone synths in the interim.

There is still technically some discount, but it isn't much. Compared to the $599 VC8 would cost a new user today, the $349 a VC6 owner would pay doesn't seem so bad. But compared to the $99 we're used to paying when we skip a version, it's pretty harsh.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks guys.

The 149 offer I'm getting is just for the summer sale, 50% off the usual 299 upgrade price I previously had in my Arturia account.
Therefore I assumed/hoped people with VC6 were getting some summer sale discount as well (if not the same 50% off, at least something like a 30% off, 249 down from 349).

The V Collection used to go 50% off for new customers on those 2-3 sales a year including Black Friday.
VC7 was available for 249, so now with VC8 it should be 299 considering the 599 full price.

They're either not doing the 50% off for new customers anymore, or people with VC6 are getting a better price by re-buying the entire V Collection instead of going for the upgrade path. Assuming they make it possible to re-buy with the same account.

Weird.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:08 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:00 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am It still took Analog Lab V at least one minute to load.

... check if reseting the preset index does help : To update the preset index you need to delete a specific temp file called "db.db3".
I'd say that loading times have been halved since deleting the database file and allowing ALV to rescan on startup. 30 seconds is better than 60 seconds but it's still a long time to wait.

It takes about 6.5 seconds for Bus FORCE FX to load.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It would be cool if Arturia organized the same discount model as for example Kilohearts, it would be fair and as a result even beneficial to them itself too.
Need always take into account >everything< what the user already has, otherwise there will be always a bombardment with rays of resentment.

Not upgrading to VC8 right now either, but just got a confirmation from Arturia support on the pricing, which is $149 for VC7 owners and $129 for VC7 + OB-Xa owners. No extra benefits to those, like me, who bought just the upgrades to Jup-8 V4 and Stage-73 V2.
Niowiad wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:53 am That's wouldn't be very reassuring considering I'm skipping VC8 to see what's eventually good on VC9.
Same thoughts.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:17 am Arturia is clearly trying to push an update every year model for existing users. $149 to upgrade from the last and $349 if you’re going back more than one version. It ensures folks who stay up to date get the best price and those who wait pay extra. It’s almost a subscription but at least you get to keep the licenses had and they continue to update them. Not the worst model in the world frankly.
Agree. This model is basically tempting users to keep upgrading their V Collection on each release, especially by launching $149 sales every quarter. $349 is too expensive for me personally and I cannot imagine spending this much on an upgrade. $99 last year was the best. $149 is possible with multiple pushes, which is what Arturia is trying to do. I can resist at least until Black Friday, then we shall see. :)
planetearth wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:20 am Compared to the $599 VC8 would cost a new user today, the $349 a VC6 owner would pay doesn't seem so bad. But compared to the $99 we're used to paying when we skip a version, it's pretty harsh.
Yes exactly, it hurts. Especially when were almost ready with your wallet to pay $99, waiting, hoping, but it never happened, and here we are with $149 as the minimum cost for upgrade.

If this turns out to be their new upgrade system, I'll just be looking for individual synths from them, from now on.
I've got the collection, but don't use most of it.

I have V6, 350E to update is just too much, I will probably just stick on V6 forever. I would have to really need/want something they did now to upgrade, and given my extensive VST collection that's unlikely to happen!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

€/$349 to upgrade from V6 is harsh. I don't know what Arturia's management are thinking. Those, not on the yearly update cycle, will either be forced to move away from the bundle (to individual synths) or will look elsewhere.

I don't know why they don't just add $/€ 50 for each year. So V6 users pay $50 more than V7, V5 users pay $100 more etc. Such a pricing structure at least makes some sense and still incents upgrades eventually (if people are going to), minus the bad feelings towards Arturia which the present 349 blanket policy likely helps generate.

I remember that the early sales upgrades had been more expensive than the later ones. I upgraded from V5 to V7 in the sale before V8 was released, it was 99€. The only instrument I would be interested in V8 is the EMU II. 149 is too much for it. I might wait for V10 or V11…

I agree with others who are holding off on moving to VC8 from VC6 (or earlier). VC5 has the same upgrade price as VC6. The good news, is Arturia has dropped upgrade prices of the individual instruments in the collection sometimes / recently. So JUP-8V 4 is only a $29 upgrade for earlier VC owners. That works for me. 90% of the rest of the package.. is just not getting a lot of use here anyway... so this new vc upgrade pricing means one less v collection owner. If they stay the course with $29 individual synth upgrades... I am all in for those.

my bad. ignore me

HA! Here's a twist:

I can not buy from Arturia as they are on a list of very high potential fraud transactions - "other stuff may get purchased using the information" - per my credit card company support line.

Oh well, then. I wonder if ARTURIA knows that? I'm in the USA, they are based in France or somewhere
Last edited by wwjd on Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felis wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:43 am If this turns out to be their new upgrade system, I'll just be looking for individual synths from them, from now on.
I've got the collection, but don't use most of it.
This is why I never bought the bundle, though I had it in my cart several times over the years. I prefer buying individual synths if I’m pretty sure I’ll use them, or can sell them individually if not.

Return to “Instruments”