SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

I've released Alectrona a collection for ArcSyn, it's a fun synth to work with. The only things I really missed is a way to modulate the matrix levels and Envelope parameters - especially Decay and Release which for me is quite an important part of expressive sound design. Great Synth though it deserves lots of success!

More Info

https://soundcloud.com/astralp/sets/ale ... ysyn-demos

good to see a new set for arcsyn; purchased!

thanks fisherking :)

maybe noob question but how come the filters don't completely cut off all the sound when the knob is all the way down?

version782 wrote:maybe noob question but how come the filters don't completely cut off all the sound when the knob is all the way down?

Look at the routing; the signal is split between the two filters.

I am looking for a substitute for Korg Radias and Blofeld. ArcSyn already sounds quite great to me, still I miss the following features:

- More mod matrix targets: ENV1-4 Attack, decay, sustain, release times, so you can modulate the ENVs. Also target Glide amount.

- An extra noise osc with type and bp filter/color

- An extra signal path cross-OSC ring mod (could be a slider in between two oscs), also with noise

- cross-OSC sync (switches between the oscs), since you can then do much more fine control

- cross-OSC FM, for more fine control

- more LP filter types, 6dB and also 24dB

- pre/post filter switch for filter drive

- an unison feature, width detune, stereo spread and spreading curve control (log to exp)

- instead LP in reverb, a control LP-neutral-HP

Thanks for consideration :)

I am going to cautiously feature-request more modulation targets (everything) and even more fx slots. It is also pretty apparent that the programmer is a real synth nerd (I had to look up Risset Bell for instance) and would love to see more obscure/creative oscillator or filter types he comes up with or uncovered during research. A primitive sample oscillator could also be interesting.

I would hate to kill the mojo this synth has though by over-tinkering. I am not going to say that this is a simple synth to program but with a couple clicks here and there you can end up with beautiful walls of feedback, bell washes, and evolving textures.

I'll defer to the dev because he has really good taste in terms of what is pleasing to the ear (imo).

I'd like to be able to modulate the effects in the plugin
I'd like to be able to see the animation of the effect on all assigned modulations on the parameters in the plugin
I can't figure out how STEP LEVEL differs from LEVEL. I've read the manual and tried to mess with it but can't tell what its doing.

I hope I can ask this question without it sounding like an insult to EDM, some of which I like, or like an insult to particular synths which are actually quite flexible but are known as "EDM synths"...

But I've noticed a lot of synths coming out that are geared toward making ferocious leads, etc, and that is, in general, a big turn-off for me. Is Arcsyn one of those synths?

Thanks.

Dakl wrote:I hope I can ask this question without it sounding like an insult to EDM, some of which I like, or like an insult to particular synths which are actually quite flexible but are known as "EDM synths"...

But I've noticed a lot of synths coming out that are geared toward making ferocious leads, etc, and that is, in general, a big turn-off for me. Is Arcsyn one of those synths?

Thanks.
Here's the problem. No synth, by itself, is an EDM synth. Designers turn them into an EDM synth by the way they program their patches.

All the libraries I've made, many of which are considered for EDM synths, are designed with a more old school approach. It's probably the main reason my libraries are not huge sellers. I don't cater to the EDM crowd.

Here's my ArcSyn demo. As you can hear, it's not your typical EDM stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... for-arcsyn

The point is, any synth can be made to sound any way you want if you take the time to make it sound like what you want. ArcSyn is no exception.

Dakl wrote:I hope I can ask this question without it sounding like an insult to EDM, some of which I like, or like an insult to particular synths which are actually quite flexible but are known as "EDM synths"...

Thanks.
I guess the simple response is no.
ArcSyn is a pretty unique synth.
He is powerfull/versatile and really can do a lot, but not "geared toward" EDM to take your words.
But may be give some cue for what you're looking for?
ArcSyn is at the top of my list when talking inspiration.

ArcSyn is designed to generate a very wide range of really different sounds, with unique waveforms and LFOs, unusual filter types, and wave sequencing with very different types of waveforms. Its like a return to the days when each synth had its own distinctive sound. Very well designed GUI that invites exploration. Here are some video examples: http://www.patchpool.de/arcsyn_arrows.html
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Can anyone confirm the mouse wheel controls work? Not for presets, just regular knob movement.. Thanks
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Apparently it does not. (win7Pro, CuBase9.1)

As I never use the scrollwheel - I tend to forget about it - I hadn't even remarked it does not...
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Cool thanks.
iam on same os and using Ableton8. Iam emailing with the dev to get it sorted.
He says its supposed to work. I like using it is quicker, and gives the finger pressing a break lol
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Return to “Instruments”