SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

gremlinmoon wrote:I think a sub-preset system for the LFO sequencer would be handy -- similar to how some synths have arpeggiator presets.
Great idea!

I'm totally still in love with this synth, and I've just really started messing with some of the filter effects. Great for grit!

I have a few items for my wish list.

I wish the mod matrix slot amounts were sources in the mod matrix.

I wish detune was a source. it's really hard to get slight detune from a source like Pressure in the mod matrix.

I wish env amount was a source. I can't even think of a synth with a mod matrix that doesn't have it.

The parameter info window is in a weird place. I constantly think it should be telling me about the filters. I'd move that to where the preset name lives, and move the preset name over to the logo panel. The logo is giant and I'd say it'd be cool to loose the name of the UI designer. This would also free up space to put the filter names in the spot above the filter type window, like in all the other sections of the synth.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Examigan wrote:So far I am really liking this synth. :party:
It sounds great, and I can't believe I didn't check it out sooner.
The best description of my feeling towards this amazing synth!
Bought it about a month ago, still overcome with joy when using it.
The term "hidden champions" springs to mind.

nevis wrote:
Examigan wrote:So far I am really liking this synth. :party:
It sounds great, and I can't believe I didn't check it out sooner.
The best description of my feeling towards this amazing synth!
Bought it about a month ago, still overcome with joy when using it.
The term "hidden champions" springs to mind.
Funny you mentioned this synth now, it's on sale if anyone wants to get it cheaper than the usu'

Love this synth. Strange sounds and fx naturally seem to fall out of it. Randomize function is excellent too. Hope the dev keeps working on it. :ud:

Richard deHove wrote:Hope the dev keeps working on it. :ud:
They did maintenance updates from time to time, pretty solid since the 1st release. This is one of the synth that I'm excited to see having a major V2 update.
Last edited by crystalmsc on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Hi there,

It's been a while since I said anything on here, for which I apologise. I've been busy working on a number of projects, including ArcSyn v2.0 but that isn't a very good excuse :) I always read all comments and suggestions and do my best to work out how to improve ArcSyn in line with what people want versus what is actually possible, so I thought I'd let you know how it's going.

ArcSyn v2.0 (free to licensed users) will feature:

1. Effects parameter modulation.

I'm still working on this and it's been a lot more difficult than I expected to implement. I've essentially had to re-write most of the effects as they were originally designed specifically to take advantage of *not* being modulatable! Some parameters might be left out, for instance I'm not finding that modulating effect LFO depth is much use when you can use ArcSyn's much more sophisticated main LFOs to do a more interesting job, so I might leave that out to reduce the number of destinations.

One nice thing is that because ArcSyn's LFOs keep running all the time in MONO mode (which is what you'd normally use for effects modulation), the modulation will continue running even after you've released all notes.

Another nice thing is that it will be possible to modulate delay times inbetween the fixed times available from the existing menus.

2. (probably) an arpeggiator.

This will be a different sort of arpeggiator (I don't do anything normal!) which will only arpeggiate note pitch - it won't trigger notes, for instance. It's designed to be complimentary to ArcSyn's use of LFO sequence modulation so you'll be able to run both at once. It's sounding pretty crazy here!

Anyway, I apologise once again for not replying on here and I'll try and respond to all your comments ASAP.

SPC Plugins wrote:ArcSyn v2.0 (free to licensed users) will feature:

Sounds great, I especially like the Phaser and Chorus effects, glad to see it being developed further!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Great news, I think ArcSyn has been my main "go to" VSTi since purchase, really enjoyable to play with and see what results.

I think I made a post a while back, possibly in a different related thread, about an undo function as I often seem to get caught up in tweaking beyond what was desired and finding it difficult to return to the last good point. Maybe this feature in combination with some snapshots so that you can save a patch at different points of its evolution might be helpful?

V2 !!! Fantastic :) 8)
My only suggestion is some further evolution of the randomize function. (And the weirder V2 is, the better)

:) How about stereo unison?

SPC Plugins wrote:ArcSyn v2.0 (free to licensed users)
So much good news in so few words :o :)
Thanks, Steven! :clap:

Arpeggiator with velocity for percussive sounds would be nice.
MuLab of course :D

SPC Plugins wrote:Hi there,

It's been a while since I said anything on here, for which I apologise. I've been busy working on a number of projects, including ArcSyn v2.0 but that isn't a very good excuse :) I always read all comments and suggestions and do my best to work out how to improve ArcSyn in line with what people want versus what is actually possible, so I thought I'd let you know how it's going.

ArcSyn v2.0 (free to licensed users) will feature:

I'm still working on this and it's been a lot more difficult than I expected to implement. I've essentially had to re-write most of the effects as they were originally designed specifically to take advantage of *not* being modulatable! Some parameters might be left out, for instance I'm not finding that modulating effect LFO depth is much use when you can use ArcSyn's much more sophisticated main LFOs to do a more interesting job, so I might leave that out to reduce the number of destinations.

One nice thing is that because ArcSyn's LFOs keep running all the time in MONO mode (which is what you'd normally use for effects modulation), the modulation will continue running even after you've released all notes.

Another nice thing is that it will be possible to modulate delay times inbetween the fixed times available from the existing menus.

2. (probably) an arpeggiator.

This will be a different sort of arpeggiator (I don't do anything normal!) which will only arpeggiate note pitch - it won't trigger notes, for instance. It's designed to be complimentary to ArcSyn's use of LFO sequence modulation so you'll be able to run both at once. It's sounding pretty crazy here!

Anyway, I apologise once again for not replying on here and I'll try and respond to all your comments ASAP.

all in all quite nice to hear... not to say YEEEHAA.
great work, great soundgenerator. thanks.

cheers,
tl.

I do like this synth, just bought it today based on the recommendations here. It seems to be a monster for drones.

The thing I find puzzling are the envelopes... no matter what I do, I can not get them to be snappy enough for plucks and such. With such a low memory and CPU requirements, I would like to use it as my to go synth for weird percussion, but is It possible that the envs are simply too "Slow" for that?

Return to “Instruments”