Sound Bank Metaphysical Function Eternity available on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Works well now. Thanks for creating the Kore template and sounds!

Hooray!

Sorry for the complications - it's so hard working out how it should all go together on other people's computers when it involves assembling several different files that require fixed paths - I guess that's where installers come in but I can't do that.

Now it's working I can concentrate on making some more Koresounds for it. I'm aiming to have 8 variations for each snapshot (and maybe make some extras too). I will post them on my site when they are done.

I'll try out the new version this afternoon, pretty sure I had Mute turned off though - thanks for the update.

In the meantime here is a dark ambient track I put together for Halloween using two MF Eternity snapshots layered up and a Zebra pad http://soundcloud.com/savaran/on-hallows-eve
Savaran - Ambient, Soundscaping and Electronic tracks at Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/savaran

I've made 30 KoreSounds for this set now - they can be downloaded from my website:

http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm

each one has 8 variations that can be morphed between with the first snap in each Sound corresponding to Simon's original patch, then getting progressively different as you move around the morphspace (so in all 240 distinct presets plus endless variations them as you morph inbetween them). The idea is to enable Metaphysical function to be used more interactively as a performance instrument rather than just a sound generator. You have more control over how the sound evolves and using the morphing controls and the buttons in Kore creates further variations.

you will need the modified Metaphysical Function from the User library:

http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=9833

and of course they will not work without Simon's original sample set and patchbank from his site:

http://www.patchpool.de/Sounds/reaktorshop.html

Assembly instructions are here:

1) Load the ensemble I uploaded to the user library into Reaktor - it will complain about not finding the wav files but ignore this for now.
3) Load Simon's sample map file by doubleclicking on the sample window in the ensemble and using the menu that will appear in the sample mapper.
4) Load the snapshots file (ssf) using the dialogue in the snapshots tab
5) Save the Reaktor ensemble to a location of your choice
6) Then open the template ksd, it will ask for the correct ensemble so load that then resave the ksd.
7) Do the same for each KoreSound - making sure you load the corresponding snapshot for each sound.

Great Stephen!

aMUSEd wrote:I've made 30 KoreSounds for this set now - they can be downloaded from my website:

Please forgive my Kore ignorance, but can these patches somehow be used/adapted as snaps for Reaktor using Simon's soundset without Kore hardware or software?

onexeno wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I've made 30 KoreSounds for this set now - they can be downloaded from my website:

Please forgive my Kore ignorance, but can these patches somehow be used/adapted as snaps for Reaktor using Simon's soundset without Kore hardware or software?
I don't quite understand the question. MF Eternity is a Sound Bank made for Reaktor's Metaphysical Function. The Kore integration is just something Stephen added so that Kore users can use it on their beloved Kore's.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
onexeno wrote:

I don't quite understand the question. MF Eternity is a Sound Bank made for Reaktor's Metaphysical Function. The Kore integration is just something Stephen added so that Kore users can use it on their beloved Kore's.
Thanks for addressing the question, Simon. So if I understand your answer, Stephen's "integration" are methods for tweaking your snaps in a Kore environment, not newly developed snaps based on your sound bank, right?

And thanks for making these MF Eternity sounds available. They are a wonderful sonic treat.

onexeno wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
onexeno wrote:

Thanks for addressing the question, Simon. So if I understand your answer, Stephen's "integration" are methods for tweaking your snaps in a Kore environment, not newly developed snaps based on your sound bank, right?

And thanks for making these MF Eternity sounds available. They are a wonderful sonic treat.
Yes, Stephen imported 30 of my +80 Snaps into Kore and assigned Controllers to various Parameters so that more "interaction" can take place, they are not "new" Snaps. As I don't use Kore I'm only reporting what Stephen has posted in various Forums.
And thank's for the flowers... :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
onexeno wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
onexeno wrote:

Yes, Stephen imported 30 of my +80 Snaps into Kore and assigned Controllers to various Parameters so that more "interaction" can take place, they are not "new" Snaps. As I don't use Kore I'm only reporting what Stephen has posted in various Forums.
And thank's for the flowers... :)
To clarify this - in Kore you have a Morphpad to which you can assign 8 variations on a particular patch (just like in Alchemy). So starting from 30 of my favourites from Simon's sounds I have added another 7 variations - the first square in the morphpad is Simon's original preset - the other 7 are new-ish, but they are not completely original presets of mine - more variations on Simon's theme - but different enough to enable the sound to come to life using Kore's ability to then morph between these variations.

On top of this I have also created a controller template to enable editing of MF's params using Kore (which can be useful not just in sound design but also performance). Each Koresound was built using this.

Hope that clears this up - so see it as an extension of Simon's soundpack for Kore owners that enables us to use Metaphysical Function in a more interactive way than Reaktor alone enables.

Aha ... now I understand. I have obviously never used Kore or given any thought or investigation into what it does.

Since I appreciate Steven's deft patch creation for some of the synths I use, I was very interested in hearing what he had done with MF Eternity.

Thanks to Simon and Stephen for the clarification. And flowers to both.:)

Thanks

Yeah if you think about what happens in Alchemy you don't just have 1 static patch but 8 variants, each one could in itself be considered a patch and when you morph between them you get even more variations as the patches are interpolated. This opens up a lot of performance possibilities for ensembles like MF in that instead of just playing them back and recording what you hear you can interactively explore the soundspaces created by and in between the variations - also in Kore you often get very different effects from slowly morphing between variants and snapping to them using the Kore buttons (or a mouseclick on the square).

This certainly opens up possibilities for new sound design as well - in Reaktor you can already morph between 2 different snaps - but imagine what you can do with 8 to explore all in one continuous morphospace! I have used this technique to create patches for Modelonia for example, as well as Reaktor ensembles.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks

Yeah if you think about what happens in Alchemy you don't just have 1 static patch but 8 variants, each one could in itself be considered a patch and when you morph between them you get even more variations as the patches are interpolated. This opens up a lot of performance possibilities for ensembles like MF in that instead of just playing them back and recording what you hear you can interactively explore the soundspaces created by and in between the variations - also in Kore you often get very different effects from slowly morphing between variants and snapping to them using the Kore buttons (or a mouseclick on the square).

This certainly opens up possibilities for new sound design as well - in Reaktor you can already morph between 2 different snaps - but imagine what you can do with 8 to explore all in one continuous morphospace! I have used this technique to create patches for Modelonia for example, as well as Reaktor ensembles.
Does this work on the free Kore player as well, or do you need the hardware?

onexeno wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks

Does this work on the free Kore player as well, or do you need the hardware?
'Fraid not - it's not the hardware - the free version is only for playing NI made content - it wouldn't load these.

Hi! Just to ask is your Metaphysical ensemble one with fixed errors?

http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=7170

Thnaks for your input and for your work :)

Return to “Soundware”