Seismic (VST/AU for Mac and Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

Woohoo! FOUR! I'll be rich and famous before you know it!

Thanks guys for sticking with me! I hope you like all the new features and the uncluttered look.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I'm a fan as well 8)
Thanks for the new release!

Hi Y'All! Could one of you Windows aficionados do me a favor? Download the latest version (1.5.2) and verify it's a) working and b) that entering numbers/text is working? I haven't updated my KVR entry yet.

Basically, after having a huge argument with MSVC, I deleted it all for GCC. What a pain that was! But I now have an IDE with compilation and sketchy debugging setup, so I spent quite a bit of time polishing up the Windows side of things after I ditched all the lazy C++ code I was using. The dll file size dropped from over 1MB to just over 300K and I'm assuming that was just the C++ runtime no longer being linked in.

This version adds a bit of fancier interpolation where needed and fixes a few bugs, as well as a lot of code cleanup.

Thanks!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

It working in Reaper 6, seems more stable than previous version. Numbers input works as well. Thanks!

fairplay wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 am It working in Reaper 6, seems more stable than previous version. Numbers input works as well. Thanks!
Awesome! Thank you! I just wanted to be sure it worked on a non-dev machine! :D

It should hopefully be rock solid now on both Mac and PC.

And holy crap! Reaper 6! Who knew?

Version 1.6 has been released! It's a big breaking change, so screen shot any patches you wish to keep. However, this should be it for breaking changes.

I've dropped support for 32-bit. It was just too much work... Doing so enabled me to make wondrous changes under the hood and cut out huge swaths of code. The Editor window is now all C++ code and works for both Mac and PC, finally. I shouldn't ever have to descend into the bowels of platform-specific code again, unless evil bugs are found.

I've changed from my filter to the Chamberlain filter. Without resonance, they sound identical, but the Chamberlain filter uses one fewer multiply per sample and the Notch and Band Pass are far better than mine. Since the resonance tuning is different, especially once you go past halfway, I've kept by LP and HP filters for backward compatibility. Change the BP & Notch to Chamberlain. All filters now have actual values for the frequency, but should be taken with a grain of salt.

I've added an EQ that cuts/boosts by a flat 6db. The frequency knob affects the center and the Q knob affects the width, positive boosts and negative cuts.

There's a new Randomizer that targets any knob or any wave and selects a random value at the designated speed. Unfortunately, Mixers cannot be randomized at this point--Seismic has to have a moment of silence whenever you change a mixer. Waves values exclude Silence, Audio In and any Node.

There's an All Wet Delay--it never plays back the original sound, just the delayed sound.

Finally, there's some dodgy looking Band-Limited waves built from a short series of Sine waves. They should give you some darker sounds without having to use a filter.

Again, problems, bugs, questions, I'm here to help!

Return to “Instruments”