Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:52 pm Would anyone have actually bought BYOME knowing this was coming out?
It does feel like a kind of ‘forced’ upgrade.
Totally my case. I got BYOME on sale and this is just Byome 1 dot something with a different name.
Last edited by nachenko on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

mgw38 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:03 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:01 pm so 300 if im not already a pa customer? and don't own byome?

/wanders off to look at guitar pedals instead.
Yeah, their pricing strategy has taken a very weird turn recently.
ill keep an eye out for a cheap byome maybe :hihi:

yehboy1 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:04 pm Still enjoying the demo. Even though I can do a multi band workaround in a Ableton for effects it’s not nearly the same workflow-wise, which is why I don’t bother with it. But Triad is what I wanted Kilohearts to be but I found KH’s effects to be too vanilla even though I loved the GUI. It really feels like BYOME came to life with this update/upgrade. To me at least.
It might have been mentioned already but you could also use Hornet's 3XOver
https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-3xover/
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:01 pm so 300 if im not already a pa customer? and don't own byome?

/wanders off to look at guitar pedals instead.
I think with the sale it's $149 right now.

Also, someone said it didn't include any new presets. According to the product page, that shouldn't be the case. It specifically says...

"Many dedicated presets have been created by master artists and sound designers to showcase TRIAD's unique capabilities, from workhorse frequency splitting to the most advanced mid-side processor around."

...There's no way to read that where it doesn't mean it should include new presets.

nachenko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:09 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:52 pm Would anyone have actually bought BYOME knowing this was coming out?
It does feel like a kind of ‘forced’ upgrade.
Totally my case. This is just Byome 1 dot something with a different name.
I dunno, feels more like Byome 2 with a $49 upgrade to me. But I guess looking at it that way would seem too reasonable.

Hez wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:14 am I also think it's kinda lame releasing this as a 'separate plugin' - there are certainly a lot of plugin manufacturers who would have released this as an updated BYOME, perhaps with two separate plugins, BYOME and BYOME (Multiband), perhaps with a nominal upgrade fee (see Hive 2 for example...).
In a way, that's pretty close to what we did! They are two separate plugins, as they have two completely different parameter sets and workflows. I think $49 is a rather fair price for the massive amount of work that went into it (especially Josh's incredible work on the splitter DSP and visualizer). We just released a major optimization update for BYOME, and will release another public beta shortly that fixes HiDPI issues and one issue with the Input Follower, so we're not dropping support or anything like that.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:12 pm I think with the sale it's $149 right now.
It’s $49 right now for everyone. Have to log in to see the price.

Is the Byome update officially out? Last I saw was the beta you posted in the thread. PA does a TERRIBLE job of notifying users when updates come out (got no notice that MetricAB was just officially updated).

yehboy1 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:12 pm I think with the sale it's $149 right now.
That's only for BYOME owners.
edit: Apparently I'm wrong and the email I got lied to me. UA owners maybe?
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

yehboy1 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Do you own Byome? I'm under the impression it's $49 if you own Byome and $149 (on sale from $299) for everyone.

Again, it’s $49 for everyone. I don’t own BYOME. I only own Sandman Pro.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:39 am Is it just me or does this look incomplete/rushed?

- There don't seem to be any factory presets specific to Triad in my install? (Windows 8.1 x64, VST2 & 3)
- Byome presets always land on the low band when loaded from the main preset menu, which usually is not what I want.
- I can't drag and drop effects between the bands? Why?
- If I apply a Byome preset directly to a band, it's missing the modulators in the preset, so currently I seem only to be able to use Byome presets on the low band in their full glory by loading them via the main preset menu?
- It's great that I can scale the GUI, but why can't I make it wider? Would definitely be welcome with a couple of effects in a row in this kind of plugin...
Hi Tom, I received your PM as well, but I'll answer them here publicly!

-There should be a large number of Triad-specific factory presets. PA have had issues with the installers previously. I would try re-installing to see if that fixes it. If not, please open a support ticket. In the meantime, here are the factory presets: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wb3azml5yz33 ... s.zip?dl=0 (If you need the NKS presets as well, let me know!)

-BYOME presets always get loaded to the Low Band. However, you should investigate the Permutation feature! It allows you to quickly rotate and shuffle the bands. The current Permutation does not get changed when loading BYOME presets, so you can "rotate" the low band to, say, the mid band and BYOME presets will get loaded there instead, if that makes sense. We found this to be a lot quicker then having a BYOME preset loading options menu.

-We would like to get drag-and-drop implemented. As a workaround, we added in a number of cut/copy/paste/duplicate features per-row and per-module.

-Yes, loading the BYOME preset directly to the band imports the effect setup, but leaves modulation alone. The Permutation preset load is the best way to go to get the full setup.

-We finally got a Wide Mode working on LION based on this frequent request. It came too late to add it to Triad for release, but we will try to get it added to Triad and BYOME in the next round of updates.

thelizard wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:23 pm -We finally got a Wide Mode working on LION based on this frequent request. It came too late to add it to Triad for release, but we will try to get it added to Triad and BYOME in the next round of updates.
No upgrade prices for those next round of updates right? :wink:

I'm sorry, I'm joking, I just couldn't help myself considering all the drama today about the Triad pricing. :hihi:

jsp1979 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:17 pm
Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:32 pm This is an update/port to UA’s utterly amazing Triad Rack Extension. This not being Reason, which allowed you to patch the bands anywhere like a modular synth (still really really miss all that) they use the byome fx internally.

Triad could make sounds out of other sounds that were amazing and simply not possible to make other ways. I think the kiloheartz suite has similar stuff.
Can you post a link to UA's Triad rack extension? I'd not heard of that.
The frequency split modes are based off of our band-splitting Rack Extension, Yoko, but with a lot more functionality.

I still can't install this on Windows 10 for some reason. New computer (2 weeks old). Either with the standalone installer or the installation manager, when I install it I see it pop up momentarily in the PA folder then instantly disappear again (but not to the recycled bin. A terminal window opens and disappears in a flash twice. Strangest thing.

Return to “Effects”