BABYLON Synthesizer is in development

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Baby alone ?
:hihi:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

is this thing ever getting made

layzer wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:32 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:24 pm There are also people who will never understand that there ARE certain DSP things that benefit the sound greatly and cannot be optimized to perform on an abbacus. :roll:
bad coding, bad cpu efficiency... all devs could learn a thing or 2 from synth1
no dsp hocus pokus going on there and it sounds great.
sit down, son. :smack:
i agree with you mate i bet some great music is done with synth1.
Synths can sound great on the own with one finger presses in isolation , but in a mix no ones hearing the difference in a fooking faster LFO modulating its filter cutoff with high resonance( come on f**k sake lol ) reasons thor can sound as good as any of those uhe synths with the right programmer in a mix u aint hearing that .
so yeah cpu efficency is really important to me if you have 20 instances of one plug in things can get shakey , in divas case one or two instances 😂

What's the status of this synth anyway? They said release by Christmas (2019, I assume). Did it get delayed, canceled?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:45 pm What's the status of this synth anyway? They said release by Christmas (2019, I assume). Did it get delayed, canceled?
Yeah got delayed, but the guys are working on it. To be fair, dec19 was communicated as a pretty rough estimate for an early alpha version of Babylon, irc.

Last year in November they released some small new infos on that thing, but they’re not mentioning any release date yet.
You can see the new info here, with some concepts:
https://www.amazona.de/freeware-synthe ... chitektur/

The synth uses 2 sample oscillators as the sound sources on which you can choose between 2 different modes. First is more or less a classic playback of samples as you know it from samplers. The second mode is called „swarm“ and can be best described as a kind of granular synthesis.

Cheers
Marcel

hlecram wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:27 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:45 pm What's the status of this synth anyway? They said release by Christmas (2019, I assume). Did it get delayed, canceled?
Yeah got delayed, but the guys are working on it. To be fair, dec19 was communicated as a pretty rough estimate for an early alpha version of Babylon, irc.

Last year in November they released some small new infos on that thing, but they’re not mentioning any release date yet.
You can see the new info here, with some concepts:
https://www.amazona.de/freeware-synthe ... chitektur/

The synth uses 2 sample oscillators as the sound sources on which you can choose between 2 different modes. First is more or less a classic playback of samples as you know it from samplers. The second mode is called „swarm“ and can be best described as a kind of granular synthesis.

Cheers
Marcel
I like the look of the GUI prototypes from that link. But looking at the architecture diagram, it looks pretty basic to me, the swarm oscillator is the only thing that looks particularly interesting.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Unfortunately this was cancelled due to Coronavirus. I was really looking forward to this. So there will not be a sequel to Tyrell N6.
Leider wurde das Projekt cecancelt. Durch die Corona-Krise ist es leider nicht mehr möglich, den Babylon Synth fertigzustellen.

Redaktion, Mai 2020
https://www.amazona.de/freeware-synthes ... -features/
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Damn you covid! :x
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Urs has mentioned that he is in discussions with Amazona to work on a Tyrell N6 Pro. However the BABYLON synth with Axel Hartman and Ujam is officially cancelled.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:39 pm Urs has mentioned that he is in discussions with Amazona to work on a Tyrell N6 Pro. However the BABYLON synth with Axel Hartman and Ujam is officially cancelled.
Nice.

Any chance to open source what work has accumulated so far?

v1o wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:39 pm Urs has mentioned that he is in discussions with Amazona to work on a Tyrell N6 Pro. However the BABYLON synth with Axel Hartman and Ujam is officially cancelled.
Shame.

Return to “Instruments”