MidiShaper 1.4 Out Now / Modulate your synths, effects and hardware

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MidiShaper

Ah yes that's it, thx.

Help texts might have made me understand better, but maybe a highlighted line in the graph denoting the center is the most intuitive. (a draggable line perhaps?)

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but another thing that would be nice is double-click to reset the numbered value boxes.

looks really neat, do you know if this will work in Logic 9? haven't tried any MIDI effects yet, but seem to remember people saying they don't work in Logic. if you just use it as an insert, what kind of processing can you expect?

EDIT: just went to try it and realized that it's VST only. thanks though.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

V'ger wrote:I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but another thing that would be nice is double-click to reset the numbered value boxes.
Shift-click performs that function I believe, or it may be CTRL-click. My memory serves me poorly lol. :)

Pat2070 wrote:
V'ger wrote:I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but another thing that would be nice is double-click to reset the numbered value boxes.
Shift-click performs that function I believe, or it may be CTRL-click. My memory serves me poorly lol. :)
It's CTRL-click. We do not want to use double-click for that, as we might want to use it later to open a text box for keyboard entry. And you can use SHIFT-click and move the mouse for small changes.

michael2 wrote:looks really neat, do you know if this will work in Logic 9? haven't tried any MIDI effects yet, but seem to remember people saying they don't work in Logic. if you just use it as an insert, what kind of processing can you expect?

EDIT: just went to try it and realized that it's VST only. thanks though.
Yes, AUs do not support MIDI out. There would be the option to send MIDI to a virtual MIDI port, but we fear that timing goes nuts then. And of course it's something which needs work. But if lots of people request it, we might address it.

V'ger wrote:Ah yes that's it, thx.

Help texts might have made me understand better, but maybe a highlighted line in the graph denoting the center is the most intuitive. (a draggable line perhaps?
Of course it's always best to avoid help texts and have an easy to use interface, so your idea is interesting. Moving the middle line in the waveform would be great, but cannot be done as a waveform can be used by several targets, all with their own center value. But emphasizing the middle-line graphically could help.

Ah yes, ctrl-click to reset is ok. Should've tried modifier keys, just assumed it would be double-click that was not implemented yet.

All sorted for now, but a suggestion for improvement would be to have the CC's selected by dragging like you do their amounts instead of the tall scroller.

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:Try setting center value to 0.5, and intensity to 50%.
A-ha! With this expanding the graphic GUI vertically isn't needed. Thanks!

This plugin is great, perfect for adding subtle modulation to VST's, I will be buying it when it comes out.

I have a suggestion and a bug:

Suggestion: I would love to see a trace (vertical line) or a cursor move over the curve so that I can see where and how fast the modulation is happening. FAW Circle VSTi had something like that.

Bug(?): in reaper, with MidiShaper in Beat Sync mode I don't get any plugin output until I either play a midi note from an external keyboard on the track or drop some notes into a midi clip on the track. However if I use the "Teach Midi CC' feature I do get output without doing this.
To reiterate, I drop an audio clip on a track in reaper, add a VST that can be controlled by midi controllers and try to modulate one of its parameters with Midishaper. It works in 'Teach Midi CC' mode, but not in normal mode, say Beat Sync. To get it to work with "Teach Midi CC" off I have to play a midi note on the track.

Runing Cubase 6 on Mac 10.6.6, working perfectly : )
Really great plug, like it a lot.
Modulation with lot of precision.

Waiting to buy it : )
Thx !!!

What I miss after a few tries is to switch shapes as the song goes along, or is this already possible but I missed it?

V'ger wrote:What I miss after a few tries is to switch shapes as the song goes along, or is this already possible but I missed it?
As a VSTi it can be automated: in Nuendo, I can automate the LFO wave selection by assigning it to automation, so in theory you could map MIDI messages to these parameters if you wanted to do this live. In fact, there LOTS of parameters that can be automated this way. :tu:

However, if the devs wanted, they could not only allow us to select individual waves by user-definable notes but also to trigger individual LFO one-shots or envelopes via same. That could be very cool. They could also map intensity to velocity, allow for wave morphing on selection, use modulation for wave morphing, or map modulation to wave morphing time... someone stop me! :lol:

Another secured sale here.

/C
BROKEN TECHNO for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Breeze wrote:
V'ger wrote:What I miss after a few tries is to switch shapes as the song goes along, or is this already possible but I missed it?
As a VSTi it can be automated: in Nuendo, I can automate the LFO wave selection by assigning it to automation, so in theory you could map MIDI messages to these parameters if you wanted to do this live. In fact, there LOTS of parameters that can be automated this way. :tu:
Hm, how would u change waves of source 1 for example? What is the name of the automatable parameter?

But agree this should best be done by midi to fit the rest of the plugin, hope this is considered implemented.

V'ger wrote:Hm, how would u change waves of source 1 for example? What is the name of the automatable parameter?
In Nuendo it's really simple: on the audio track I've inserted MIDIShaper, I just enable Read and Write automation and I can automate any changes I make live. I can even automate the wave's point positions, additions and deletions over time and watch them in playback (there are 40 points/wave in the automation parameters). CableGuys really did their homework. The actual wave choice parameter is called "LFO 1 Wave" and there are of course 4 of them.

To change waves, you just open the drop down panel and when you click the next wave you want, that's when the automated change is written. The only weak issue I see is that it would be nice to have morphing between two preset waves and control over the time it takes to Morph.

Another thing I would find useful with the Noise option is to use it with a S/H "circuit" that offers the same synced/time control over sample time as the LFOs have.

This is going to be one handy plugin! :D

Return to “Effects”