Email from Apple about Catalina :)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It’s no use to reiterate inaccuracies, speculation and whataboutisms. Maybe it’s understandable that developers who haven’t got a strong overlap of target audience and Mac users see the involved work more critical. Others may think differently.

Full Bucket wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:25 pmIt's not the money (thanks to generous donations) but the potential increase of workload (time is [my] money). We'll see...
Actually I would say it's worse - time is MORE than money to me! :evil:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

If your time is so valuable, wouldn’t it be better spent coding updates rather than spending so much time in this thread (and others) complaining about things you can’t change?

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:27 pm If your time is so valuable, wouldn’t it be better spent coding updates rather than spending so much time in this thread (and others) complaining about things you can’t change?
What's the problem with developers expressing their experience and what is happening? They are not robots, they are humans like you and I.

This is what helps the humanity to move forward and is important to discuss all these things, we are not in North Korea.

With all respect.

JunSev wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:27 pm If your time is so valuable, wouldn’t it be better spent coding updates rather than spending so much time in this thread (and others) complaining about things you can’t change?
What's the problem with developers expressing their experience and what is happening? They are not robots, they are humans like you and I.

This is what helps the humanity to move forward and is important to discuss all these things, we are not in North Korea.

With all respect.
Now it's even better - Apple tells Devs what should they write to their customers and Forgotten tells them how they should spend their time :hihi:

0degree wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:17 pm
JunSev wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:33 pm

With all respect.
Now it's even better - Apple tells Devs what should they write to their customers and Forgotten tells them how they should spend their time :hihi:
Yeah! :D :clap:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes, it’s obviously a very constructive thing for a developer to focus all their efforts on congratulating themselves on an email that is probably had only a tiny amount of the impact you think it had.

Put as many smileys in this thread as you like, but the end result is going to be that Apple will do absolutely nothing about a group of very small developers who work in a niche industry complaining about Apple’s long-term strategies.

These threads are just a lot of hot air and whining. If that makes you feel better, go ahead, but it’s only taking up more of the development time that you’re complaining about not having.

So, Forgotten, you basically run from every battle? So to speak... Well, good for you, I suppose. I don't... And speaking up obviously made several other developers to join up. Once most of us would, it could make a difference. But sure, we certainly cannot count on you...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 pm So, Forgotten, you basically run from every battle?
This is not a battle. Nothing like it.

It’s more like a gnat biting an elephant.

What I said...
Vojtech

:shrug:

All the developers here have dedicated years to designing / supporting great products, and have varying opinions. Is it possible they can be intelligent, decent people who disagree...?

Nah - so 90s pre-internet! :lol:

I've been developing for Windows since 3.1 (before anyone who has ever asked "how I make sick beats" on a forum was born). I've been pissed at Microsoft, only to turn around later and think "yeah, I get that", then pissed again. I feel your pain. Worse when you're in a niche market I work in high-vacuum materials science - where the ratio of "importance / impact on human life" to "we don't care about your weird, industrial/scientific application requirements" is enormous. My customers are CERN, Boeing, 3M, MIT, Harvard, NASA - but we account for about .00000000001% of Microsoft's business, and you be surprised at how many of those PCs are XP, not on network. "Can I please has RS232 option?" :roll:

I've owned and developed on a number of Apple products also, and it's been a real mix of joy and frustration. I must say though - not having to pay close to $1000 a year for developer products (and yes, Visual Studio is almost an absolute must for my work) would be nice, and I've always wondered if Microsoft's profit from that was counter-balanced by a lost opportunity to bring more developers into the fold, even given the existence of things like Code.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 pm So, Forgotten, you basically run from every battle?
This is not a battle. Nothing like it.

It’s more like a gnat biting an elephant.
There is one thing I will never understand: anonymous people who tell you on the internet how you should live your life, what is best or not better to do.
I don't think exactly like Melda, I think he has all his reasons for making some decisions, I respect them and I think he has all the freedom to do so.
When I see a random person trying to give life lessons, I would suggest before considering the following options:
- If you think you're better than Melda and better than him, open a software company and show him how to support Apple without complaining.
- if you already have a software company use your time to write better software than Melda's instead of wasting time criticizing it
- If you work in a more important software company than Melda's then tell me, what do you care? You'll be doing things very well already and you'll have better things to do than spend time giving life lessons to strangers.
- If you are a user and do not have a software company that produces plugins, what do you think you know? You would suffer from the Dunning Krugher effect. Maybe you think that the five minutes he spends here and maybe he likes to spend this way can be used to produce software and products at all costs, as if it were a machine that has to take 100% of the time to work. Maybe in your ignorance you don't know that he has already done this all day, or he doesn't need it because everything already works, and he is free to spend his time on a forum as he pleases, even to complain if it can help him to relieve the tension, and that if he needs an opinion on how to live his life he would ask you to do it
Sorry if I seem abrupt, I don't even know you and for me you could be the best person in the world, but personally I'm a little tired of people trying at all costs to give life lessons to others: if they want to appear better the fastest way is to set an example with facts, not with opinions

:clap: (just one thing: I'm a guy :D, but I know I know... Melda.. :D )
Vojtech

Yes I know but grammar checkers are taking full control of everything here, the is a ghost in my phone changing things after I type them lol

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”