Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amigo Sampler

IvyBirds wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm It's a $13 plugin. It's literally cheaper than a Big Mac Meal at your local McDonald's

For $13 it's a fun little plugin, that sounds unique
What the hell is happening at McDonald's and how have they not gone out of business?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

This video is pretty fun. Nice that all those parameters are automatable. Much less work than editing things offline. Is there a refund procedure if there are technical difficulties and crashing? I like supporting the indie developers but I don't like having broken software.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Bought it and having fun with it. I wish it kept the stereo information like Ami Sampler but not a major gripe. I've had a few DAW crashes but I'm not sure if it's this or Ami Sampler which I'm trying out as well in the same project. It doesn't remember UI size, using it in FL Studio 21, Windows 10.

Edit: UI bug fixed in upcoming version 1.1

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pm Neato. I like these kinds of things. Does it have any silly limitations for sample length or stereo?
As of version 1.0, these are the main limitations:
- Yes, all output is Mono only. No Stereo. this helps a lot with CPU budget, as well as memory footprint.
- Max sample length is 10 minutes (of 44.1k audio), so plenty.
- The sample rate is NOT AUTOMATABLE (yet). Changing sample rate will stop any playback, this is because of the processes i described in a previous reply - for next update i would very much like to figure out a way to make the samplerate automatable and still keep the authentic sound.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:32 pm The one thing bmanic is right about is the fautly waveform update .
Set cycle to 2000 and length between 1000-2000 , the wavform update does not reflect the what is being heard .
But I am not sure this is bug , since a high cycle is probably crossfading large portions and therefore can not accurately portray the waveform
The stretch won't affect the waveform display. I'm not sure what you mean by the "wave form update". As you say a high CYL will repeat large grains, with a long crossfade, combine that with a large LEN and the grains will be offset by a very small amount each repeat. From all my tests the stretching sounds authentic and robust at a range of parameter settings. If anyone wants to take a look at the source code for the time stretch, I will link it here. I decided to open source because theres not really any other open examples of such an algorithm.

https://github.com/dar-io-p/potenza-time-stretch

Thank you all for your suggestions, I can assure you me and Stekker are working hard, taking feedback, and looking to get the next version out as soon as possible to those that have already purchased.

I'm afraid we have no plans to increase the sample rate limit, or 8bit to 12/16bit, as this is the core feature of the Amigo and goes against our original vision.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to message me on instagram @ilcheffy, or email help@potenzadsp.com

Unnecessary limitations. Bummer.

elxsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:01 pm
mcbpete wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:32 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:59 pm The contact info is a big one.
At the bottom of the purchase receipt it says:
Have any questions? Please contact info [at] potenzadsp [dot] com
So not sure why people are thinking he's hiding this information :ud:
EDIT just saw you mentioned the purchase receipt.

I'm not here to preach that you should believe this is a bad thing, but for me not seeing a way to contact the developer for support-related issues prior to purchasing is an issue.

Knowing that its on the purchase receipt is good to know, but I still think there's room for improvement.

I only see the link to the Instagram page.

Anyway, just because I see some sensitivity here. Let me be clear... I have nothing against the developer and wish them great success. I also hope they can add things like a contact page. If not, that's their choice too.
You are absolutely right :).

In my defence, the email was on the front page of the website, in the top paragraph. But thinking now it makes a big difference having a dedicated "Contact" Section. Stekker is working hard on a revised website since my skills lie more in dsp than web development. He is a far better web developer than me so I can assure the new website will be fire :party: .

As others say this is a bit of a one-man-band situation so I'm learning as I go :).

Uncle E wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:35 pm Unnecessary limitations. Bummer.
Well, if you are after a regular sampler with none of these limitations, there are lots. Free, even.

ampetrosillo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:53 pm Well, if you are after a regular sampler with none of these limitations, there are lots. Free, even.
Yes but I quite like the sound and simplicity of Amigo. Stereo and 32KHz could even be added without making any changes to the GUI. They would break nothing, hence “unnecessary limitations”.

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:47 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:01 pm
mcbpete wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:32 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:59 pm The contact info is a big one.
At the bottom of the purchase receipt it says:
Have any questions? Please contact info [at] potenzadsp [dot] com
So not sure why people are thinking he's hiding this information :ud:
EDIT just saw you mentioned the purchase receipt.

I'm not here to preach that you should believe this is a bad thing, but for me not seeing a way to contact the developer for support-related issues prior to purchasing is an issue.

Knowing that its on the purchase receipt is good to know, but I still think there's room for improvement.

I only see the link to the Instagram page.

Anyway, just because I see some sensitivity here. Let me be clear... I have nothing against the developer and wish them great success. I also hope they can add things like a contact page. If not, that's their choice too.
You are absolutely right :).

In my defence, the email was on the front page of the website, in the top paragraph. But thinking now it makes a big difference having a dedicated "Contact" Section. Stekker is working hard on a revised website since my skills lie more in dsp than web development. He is a far better web developer than me so I can assure the new website will be fire :party: .

As others say this is a bit of a one-man-band situation so I'm learning as I go :).
I actually like the website. A throwback for sure, but nicely done!

Best of luck and nothing wrong with one-man-bands. Sometimes more people are more problems.

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:11 pm
Thank you all for your suggestions, I can assure you me and Stekker are working hard, taking feedback, and looking to get the next version out as soon as possible to those that have already purchased.

I'm afraid we have no plans to increase the sample rate limit, or 8bit to 12/16bit, as this is the core feature of the Amigo and goes against our original vision.
My man, the upped sample rate can only be a lucrative move for you guys, as a lot of people are after that Akai flavour.

Besides, I don't see how it would clash with your purist approach to Amigo, as you've already implemented the Akai stretch algorithm, which wasn't native to any Amiga.
Last edited by I-Quit on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:35 pm Unnecessary limitations. Bummer.
1000%

elxsound wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:30 pm I actually like the website. A throwback for sure, but nicely done!

Best of luck and nothing wrong with one-man-bands. Sometimes more people are more problems.
Yeah I like the site too, and the oldschool aesthetic of the plugin. I downloaded the Junglist and Vampire themes for it. I'm enjoying it more than TAL Sampler. I love the immediacy and simplicity of it. Never really been a big sample user besides drum one shots but this has got me experimenting.

:ud:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”