New tutorial site

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks yes I've been looking into flash and have tried out a few swf files on the site I need to learn how to write the script for a flash player, to play, forward, stop etc

carlos wrote:Thanks yes I've been looking into flash and have tried out a few swf files on the site I need to learn how to write the script for a flash player, to play, forward, stop etc
If you need any help, let me know, I recently did a Flash project like that for a client. Also, sites like Flashkit have many free downloadable .fla's with that functionality.

I can save you some trouble: Don't use an external video file, or the proprietary .flv Flash Video format. Very unpredictable...

jplanet wrote:
musicmaster wrote:Right you are Jplanet but you still need to download the flashplayer.

Musicmaster
True, but it installs within a minute or two, and you don't even need to restart your browser to do it. Most video players are a much more substantial download.

Also Flash is already installed on somewhere like 96% of all computers that surf the internet...I don't think any other media player has that broad of a user base...
I agree with you that flash is a good player I program myself in flash and it is a very good tool. But!!! Many people are as dumb as an ox. When they see the "download flash player" message they don´t understand what to do, many think it´s a virus and shut down the site!
The windows media player is installed when you install Windows. I suppose it´s the same with Quick Time and Mac to. At least the Mac is distributed with a CD with the software.

Musicmaster

carlos wrote:I'm in the process of setting up a video tutorial website, I'm after details of what tutorials people would have benefitted from had they been given the chance. The tutorials will be on 2 levels, newbie and experienced. As many ideas as possible would be ideal, thanks folks!!
Hi carlos. Fantastic idea!

I'm with quite a few others when I say start on mixing (levels and panning), compression and eq. Then go from there.

I strongly suggest to use freeware so you get 100% accessibility. Not news to you, you suggested as much in a very early post.

I like Raven's idea of covering the basics that you get in a manual, but also going beyond into more practical exercises. For example, giving people problem mixes and demonstrating how to sort it out.

I've always found that my mixing could profit from these kind of exercises so I'll be very interested in what you put together.

Also, I might be able to give you a hand in some way.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Thanks Caleb yeah I'm thinking about the two levels, newbie and beyond, basic principles and advanced, jplanet thank you for any assistance you can offer, I'm using demo-builder at present which saves to swf format but it's limited with placing the file into a flash player, any templates or further advice would be appreciated!!

Return to “Production Techniques”