I would like to introduce you to my music - using the M42

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone.

Now that I am firmly entrenched into vst instruments and the M42 Nebula synth as well, I am beginning to create instrumentals almost entirely composed with vst instruments, as compared to when I used my synths and keyboards.

I have created a new website that not only lets you listen to them, but even informs you of what I used, how I used them and what I was thinking (to the best of my current knowledge) at the time.

For Tim and company, if you like what you hear, I would be happy to custom create pieces for you that show off your vst instrument(s) and sample collections.

Here is the current website:

http://www.mfelkerco.com/mymusic/

I would appreciate feedback - just tell me what you think. I like the softer side of things, so for those into heavy metal thrash punk acid rock, you may not like it much unless you are open to new and quieter things. Albeit, I create techno, trance and rock themes and tunes as well, but I mostly gravitate towards new age and instrumentals.

As is readily posted EVERYWHERE on my sites, I am a stickler for copyright infringement because my copyright has been infringed upon in the past (lets just say that a very popular cruise line commercial has one of my music pieces and I never saw a penny - from an unscrupulous client that stole my song and sold the rights to it - this was BEFORE I understood about contracts and copyright - NEVER AGAIN).

So, please be kind and don't tell everyone it's yours and sell it for a billion dollars (lol).

Enjoy!

I am sorry if anyone considers this spam. I DID post it to four areas on KVR because I purchased those vst instruments or sample libraries. No harm intended.

Mike Felker

i think posting at the music cafe might give you and the companies better exposure.

This was created more to show off what I can do with these instruments.

I will create a Music Cafe presence in the next few days when I am more prepared to do so.

Karmacomposer wrote:This was created more to show off what I can do with these instruments.

I will create a Music Cafe presence in the next few days when I am more prepared to do so.

well..I think your ready!!! It's very casual here, so no need to be uptight in sharing anything.

and Apollo is excellent quality. Has a nice poppy feel, yet driving and also a positive atmosphere. I like it!!

Here is what you say about M42 on the song page:
The M42 Nebula is an incredible synth and I have barely scratched the surface of this masterpiece of musical programming. I used it for string arrangements and in combination with my orchestral samples for the flute leads
I am really glad you are doing things with it besides using the presets. Is that Horn/ flute melody M42? I also hear a gated syncopated rym..is that M42 as well?

Tim,

Yes. I use the M42 all over the place. It is the main lead sound (sounds like a human guttaral voice), string sounds down low in the mix, a flutish lead with delay effect that I created almost from scratch and one of the arps is most definitely the m42. I LOVE the M42 - it is among my top favorite synths and I almost always find a place for it in my instrumentals.

Did you listen to The First Time I Opened My Eyes? That one shows off my orchestral scoring.

Thank you so much for your kind words. So few people give me the time of day, even though I have won awards for some of my music and even got on the radio a few times.

I guess my ego is pretty low (lol). I need the attention.

Anyway, I would be happy to create any music for you, Tim. Especially for the new synth you are creating and I am about to buy your new soundfont for M42 - just need to wait a week or so for funds to clear up.

Mike

Last edited by M'Snah on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

M'Snah, that would be SELF FULLFILLING PROPHECY. lol. This website is simply a website I cooked up in about 10 minutes in NetObjects Fusion and simply to show some of the work I have done recently and nothing more. I have a corporate website and it is not filled with "me's" and "I's" - in fact, it is filled with "we's" and "our's" because I have a staff of professionals that work for me.

Funny thing about your comment is that I worked as a professional psychologist for 6 years counseling mentally challenged patients for a large mental health facility. I also majored in psychology in college - so I find this one second psycho-analysis to be rather filled with holes and psycho-babble (and kind of funny too). Regarding NLP, I have a client that is a speaker for NLP and supposedly well regarded in the field. So I know EXACTLY what Neuro Linguistic Programming is - and I disagree with the entire field of study - I simply don't believe in any of it (well, except for building rapport. I believe in building rapport - but some of the way out wacky ideas I have seen (regarding NLP concepts) in how to build rapport didn't seem to help any of the individuals taking part in the overly expensive course - so much for a 3 day people-building skill curiculum) - but that's just my opinion and I apologize if I offend your field of study if you are, indeed, an NLP professional.

That said, I was joking around about the low ego and need for attention. I thank you for critiquing my website even though I was truly looking for feedback on my music and not my 10 minutes of web design nor my language syntax.

Mike

Last edited by M'Snah on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M'Snah wrote:
Karmacomposer wrote:M'Snah, that would be SELF FULLFILLING PROPHECY.
P.S. thanks for pointing out the typo I made. But: This is the first time ever I've seen the word written with double-L twice. Thanks for pointing out the new spelling to me.
Careful M'Snah, quoting him might be a form of copyright infringement... And we already know how he feels about that! :wink:

I'll lighten up, but if what I decribed above ever happened to you, you would 100% understand why I am so quick to mention it. When someone is on the verge of some success only to have it stolen away from them - in an industry that does not care or forgive - you, too, would be a bit sour.

Yeah, I added one too many "L"'s - sorry bout that - just hated being "attacked" for something so damn stupid. This is a music-related forum, not a psychological one. All I was hoping for was some reviews and for people to enjoy the music - not all of this crap.

The one thing I have learned is that I will NEVER post my music here again if the only replies I get (other than from the site owners themselves - they are always nice and / or diplomatic - although I believe they are genuine about what they write) are what have transpired.

If you guys are under 18, maybe I understand the quality of retorts. If, however, you are all adults then I feel bad for anyone posting their music to the forum for the first time. You are like sharks circling their prey waiting to strike.

I was almost published and actually had my "15 minutes of fame" - so yes, I am proud of my accomplishments and not afriad to mention it. I have worked HARD to get to this point of my 37 years. I have owned and operated three businesses that bring me a good living, and worked in three trades (psychologist, printing and computers) and paid all of my family's bills and fed and clothed my wife and son. My current business is beginning to do well and I have had clients like NASCAR and PRICE WATERHOUSE and currently Primerica, a division of CITIGROUP. So, yes, I am a bit proud. Have you had any accomplishments like this? Have you released actual albums in the pre-internet age? Did you get airplay on radio stations back when that was almost all there was? CDs were just beginning and DVDs did not exist. VHS was the norm as was cassettes.

As far as copyright, you know what I would have been paid had that commercial's profits been properly contracted? At least thousands, if not tens of thousands. A lot of money to someone that was struggling at the time.

So, go ahead, have your fun at other's expenses. It says volumes about your self-conscious and past achievements.

This will be my last retort and post. KVR's forum, it seems, is exactly like everyone else's - with tons of people who just want to chop the arms off of newbies.

Mike

Good lord mate... I thought you said you were going to lighten up...

So lighten up already, and post some tunes. Let us make up our minds whether we want to critique/comment on the music or not.

Posts like the one above leave you wide open for all kinds of jokes at your expense. Can you blame anyone for doing such a thing??? Especially when you are making it sound as though the rest of us have nothing better to do than steal your music and profit from it. :?

This turned into a sad thread. I apologize to all for being part of this.
Last edited by M'Snah on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well..even after all this..I still think your music will be well recieved on the cafe.Its up to you.

I LIKE IT...and please do more!

another sugg I just thought of

Perhaps have a DIRECT LINK to the MP3 instead of a link to the page. That way, people comment on the music itself and not the web page. I think this would achieve what you wanted as well, which is focused on the music content.This is the way it's done most of the time on the cafe as well. You post a direct link. Just an idea..DON'T GIVE UP!

Return to “AlgoMusic”