How Do You Get Into Namm?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you have to pay $150 as a "Visitor" and show that you have some kinda related business, or pose as a journalist, or what?

This should give you all the info:

http://www.thenammshow.com/badges/

Kinda, but not really.

It's not super clear.

That's the page I was looking at, but wanted to know how people here got in & how much they paid?

I would actually be going to the Summer/Austin session...

I'd try a little black dress and filrting with security.

Note: It might help to shave your beard first.
Excuse all the blood.

Damn that's what it takes to get into namm? Wow I thought it was like a world fair or expo or something :hihi:

Maybe I can just wear a CD with One Ping Only instead of a badge?

[/played out joke]

The times I've gone to music trade shows, some company or another's given me an exhibitor's badge...

ew
A spectral heretic...

From the badges page and the membership page linked from the badges page:

Each commercial member of NAMM (the organization) gets two tickets to NAMM (the show).

Requirements for membership (and presumably entry into show even as a visitor):

* A copy of a government-issued document showing proof of legal company name (i.e. business license, tax permit, articles of incorporation, etc.)
* A copy of your company's music products industry specific catalogs, brochures and/or advertisements
* Two copies of recent business-to-business invoices or sales receipts that demonstrate your company is currently conducting business in the music products industry."

Media badges = "Any writer, photographer, editor or producer with a specific editorial assignment to cover the show for a media outlet that is related to the music products industry (this includes all media outlets that regularly cover musical instruments, products and NAMM Member companies. Note: Some consumer media outlets (national print, TV, radio) will be admitted on a case-by-case basis depending upon the type of coverage."

Folk who don't qualify for membership (and presumably for entry in the show):

"bands or musical groups, DJs, churches, school districts, colleges, concert promoters, production companies, film and movie companies, home recording studios, music clubs or venues, performing artists or musicians, private music teachers, producers, record labels, record/CD stores, songwriters, studio audio engineers or theaters"

It's a trade show only, so there for the buying/selling side of the gear industry. Folk here who have gone would likely fit in to one of three categories: accredited media, vendor/buyer, guy who knows a vendor/buyer with a spare ticket.

Hope that helps.

<obsolete_advice> Easy. Just don't burn your draft card. </obsolete_advice>
ew wrote:The times I've gone to music trade shows, some company or another's given me an exhibitor's badge...
Yeah, I got an invite from the folks at one particularly kind company, for which I am very grateful indeed but sadly I cannot travel. :-(

shamann wrote:
Hope that helps.

Thanks!

So extra trickery needed then...

kodama wrote:So extra trickery needed then...
Booze, whores, photographs and the mailing address of some guitar pedal manufacturer's wife.

That should do it.

ew wrote:The times I've gone to music trade shows, some company or another's given me an exhibitor's badge...
And the clap! Don't forget about that!
Excuse all the blood.

Meffy wrote: Yeah, I got an invite from the folks at one particularly kind company, for which I am very grateful indeed but sadly I cannot travel. :-(
Has the Unincorporated Territories of Croatan stopped giving exit visas?

Actually, I was going to say "practice, practice, practice" - but that would not have been helpful at all.

Lawnmower Of The Damned wrote:
And the clap! Don't forget about that!
The doctor said he wouldn't tell anyone :x :tantrum: :x

:hihi:
ew
A spectral heretic...

A friend of mine once told me if you want to get into any important place, then walk around with a clipboard and headset and pretend to be busy. no one questions the dudes with the clipboards and headsets!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”