Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

HOLY SHEEEEIT. I've been waiting for you to put that filter to good use. ;)

peace
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Ah, er, Admiral, Sir, Quality, Sir, not to be a total buzzkiller, here on my part, Sir, but as a messenger (don't shoot me) here's this: My monitor settings are on 1024x768 - 21" monitor, and the length is such that I will not be able to see the 3 knobs on the lower left of the synth, nor the names of the pitch and mod controllers. (This is taking into account the fact that my browser is taking up a certain amount of vertical real estate that will be returned to me, perhaps, when I'm in sequencer mode. I won't be able to see those bottom 3 knobs without a scroller in my sequencer!!)

Not to be a total buzzkiller, but with my monitor size and settings, and with the huge gui size, you might give some thought to the fact that there's a lot of people who are making music on 17" monitors who are going to have a worse problem than me.

Unless you are willing to make some kind of adjustment then I fear that you are going to put off a lot of potential buyers.

Nuff said to the wise, nuff buzzkillin', Let's get drunk now, AdmiralQuality, sir. :D :D :D
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

By popular demand:

A closer look:
http://www.admiralquality.com/spimages/ ... Cobalt.png

OK, I could do that all day and not get any closer to done! ;)

Oh and ChocolatteRabbit? I'm SO sorry for your monitor situation, but really, not a LOT of people run at that res anymore. And if they do, do they have the processor power you'll want in order to have fun with this synth in real-time? So, I can't make it lowest common denominator I'm afraid. 1024x768 is JUST SO 1993. ;)

I am really sorry about that though and will see what we can do to address it later, but the pretty GUI's gotta come first.

le bleu is better.

Still I'd wish for a darker edition. It would work wonders for both the blue and the red schemes, since all your text is white (readability!).

Here, the Kingston-special edition:

Size-as:
http://www.admiralquality.com/spimages/ ... _Black.png

"They come in any color, as long as it's black."

Now we're talking! :tu:

Would be nice if the values popped up so you could see what they are. You know what I mean? like in a little window display. Just to make sure with all of the mod-options you have selected the right one.
Do not lick the fablanky

funkadil wrote:Would be nice if the values popped up so you could see what they are. You know what I mean? like in a little window display. Just to make sure with all of the mod-options you have selected the right one.
It will. See SCAMP for a working example.

The black version has MUCH more readable text, and is nicer looking overall, but I still hate the modulation source knob concept, nor do I like knobs for ADSRs.

hey admiral, sorry I couldn't resist,

have a look at this: http://www.michaelkingston.fi/files/foradmiral.png

It's called, "non high contrast color, while still retaining readability".

Great look.

Is this a SynthMaker project? if so, will you include some kind of color slider?

(I'll remove the file if you want)

Kingston wrote:Is this a SynthMaker project?
:lol:

(no)

that's weird. I was under the impression somehow. I wonder who I'm confusing you with.

Nice looking GUI but i dont know how it will fit onto my laptop screen.. which is a widescreen 15" with a resolution of 1280x800, or something like that. As an idea... perhaps the GUI could be put on 2 'pages'. Examples of these can be seen in novation's V-Station and B-Station, they are both very user friendly and nice to look at, and the pageing system is not a hassle at all. I have my fingers crossed that this will sound as good at it looks. Can't wait to hear it, and if it turns out to be good, then i wish you guys all the best in your future endeavours and developments.

I like your kvr name.. when your 'company' gets larger... you should higher a Rear/Vice Admiral and a Commander.. then make a fleet of synths 8)

ChocoLatteRabbit wrote:Ah, er, Admiral, Sir, Quality, Sir, not to be a total buzzkiller, here on my part, Sir, but as a messenger (don't shoot me) here's this: My monitor settings are on 1024x768 - 21" monitor, and the length is such that I will not be able to see the 3 knobs on the lower left of the synth, nor the names of the pitch and mod controllers. (This is taking into account the fact that my browser is taking up a certain amount of vertical real estate that will be returned to me, perhaps, when I'm in sequencer mode. I won't be able to see those bottom 3 knobs without a scroller in my sequencer!!)

Not to be a total buzzkiller, but with my monitor size and settings, and with the huge gui size, you might give some thought to the fact that there's a lot of people who are making music on 17" monitors who are going to have a worse problem than me.

Unless you are willing to make some kind of adjustment then I fear that you are going to put off a lot of potential buyers.

Nuff said to the wise, nuff buzzkillin', Let's get drunk now, AdmiralQuality, sir. :D :D :D
1024x768 on a 21"??? :-o

shouldn't you be running at LEAST 1280x1024???

Return to “Instruments”