29%
15 Dollars! Are you out of your mind!?
8%
No. (insert your reason here)
8%

Total votes: 92

RELATED
PRODUCTS

T3, just in time for Toxic III's release, have announced the immediate availability of a T3-Brand preset collection for the VST Synthesizer. This new bank, of 150 presets, covers a vast range of sonic territory, and is sure to please all Toxic III owners, regardless of their production needs. There is a FREE 32 preset demo bank available for download, featuring presets picked directly from the set. T3-Volume3-ToxicIII may be purchased for $15.00 (USD) at :

http://t3.totcproductions.com/product003.html

NEW 10 MIN MP3 DEMO -T3 Toxic3 -ToTc

Please post any comments! (All sounds in the mp3 are completely unprocessed....Raw Toxic III!)

PS: for those who voted option 3: T3 Homepage ;)
Last edited by TotcProductions on Tue May 16, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Door Number 1.

--> (insert credit card here) <--

Bradster wrote:Door Number 1.

--> (insert credit card here) <--
:hihi:

Excellent! :D

Anyone else?

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I had a lot of fun creating sounds for this beauty. I am known for my pads and atmospheres, but also got great leads and keyboard/hybrid sounds. I think you will find a lot of good variation in the programming as we come from different backgrounds. Which is why we are T3!!

Tim

tconrardy wrote:I had a lot of fun creating sounds for this beauty. I am known for my pads and atmospheres, but also got great leads and keyboard/hybrid sounds. I think you will find a lot of good variation in the programming as we come from different backgrounds. Which is why we are T3!!

Tim
Yes, lots of great stuff from tim....I'll be posting some clips of those in action tomorrow. :D have to get some sleep now...1:30 in the morning over here. :oops:

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I can't ever imagine paying for presets, unless they involve custom sample-sets or something. In fact I don't think I could even imagine downloading presets if they were free. I think I downloaded a few banks for Synth 1 when it was first around but nothing since.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:I can't ever imagine paying for presets, unless they involve custom sample-sets or something. In fact I don't think I could even imagine downloading presets if they were free. I think I downloaded a few banks for Synth 1 when it was first around but nothing since.
Your probably in the very small percentage of people who actually tweak and make thier own presets for the particular project they are working on . The facts are however, most musicians use the presets,or at least use them as starting points to fit what they are working on. Take for example, The proverberal DX7 factory story of most units coming back for repair still had the original rom still in tact.

Even with all these great GUI's, musicians still use the presets, and also seem to judge a synth on the initial presets it ships with. However I tend to think a sound designers job is to see what the synth can do, and exploit it. Hopefully someone will take that sound and make it more thier own by putting in thier own tweaks ( or taking out effects :-)..ok..won't go there :-)

Anyway..you are still gonna have musicians that WANT presets, and the more the merrier. More credit to ya if you can build your own, but you can always learn something from other sound designers as well.

Tim

BONES wrote:I can't ever imagine paying for presets, unless they involve custom sample-sets or something. In fact I don't think I could even imagine downloading presets if they were free. I think I downloaded a few banks for Synth 1 when it was first around but nothing since.
so i take it you were the one "no way" vote? :hihi:

:D Done deal, guys :tu:

I'm a presets sucker, though I can motivate myself to mess with sounds, on occasion.

There are only so many hours in a day, and good presets are worth every penny if you value your time.

I detect evidence here that you, too, think that Toxic is not merely a 'tarnce+darnce' box.... :lol:

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

:hyper: :harp:

Sounding good. Really shows off what Toxic3 can do!

Hey, if you can't count on BONES to bring you down...what can you count on? :hihi:

Thanx to everyone for their votes/posts so far! :D I'll be putting up some clips of Tim's work later this morning. :)

@FCD: Yes, Toxic III is FAR from being just a Tarnce/Darnce Machine. I think the atmosphere's alone show that it can be an invaluble tool for film scores...horror that is. :hihi:

Peace

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Hey Totc, those preset previews sound really nice. I'll have to look into getting Toxic as I don't have a good FM go-to synth.

Toxic III is an excellent go-to FM synth. It's not as insanely complicated as Octopus, FM-7, etc...but it's certainly capable of making sounds that you could get from either. The other thing about the Toxic line in general, or any of Maxx Claster's FM synths, is how easy they are to use/program. I personally credit Maxx with bringing FM synthesis within the reach of users of all skill levels...instead of the exclusive few it's been limited to in the past.

Again, just like Maxx's other products, it works extremely well as a VA too! :love: You don't even have to use the FM Matrix if you're not comfortable with it. Maxx's FM algorithms are much more 'stable' than others IMO as well...you can really push an operator hard into another without turning the signal into a shredded mess.

Great stuff indeed. :D

Peace

-=ToTc Owns You=-

i cant wait for this and Toxic three...will be a fantastic combo. guaranteed sale from me.

I'm with BONES on this preset thing, but these sounds are very cool - congratulations. They sound like I should try Toxic :D FM synth is actually the last one I'm missing...

well done :tu:

Return to “Instruments”