klanglabs DAFT FUNK automation wont read back in any host?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Tue May 16, 2006 6:04 am

so i am using this fun little effect and do a whole bunch of automation with it. the visuals respond, all right, but the sound does NOTHING when being driven from automation. in three different hosts i tested...anyone else?

KVRian
520 posts since 13 Aug, 2002 from Salzburg, Austria

Post Tue May 16, 2006 12:08 pm

I also experienceed this during own testing with FL studio.

Apparently the Joystick module on SynthEdit has a bug, did a report on SE NG's but noone seems to help there on that issue yet.

Thanks for confirming!, this is something I have been fighting with since I built Daft Funk.

The problem I had, has something to do with automation.

I can fiddle with Daft Funk while playing the project, nothing wrong, all works as expected.

But if you record some movements, then playback the project, the handle doesn't respond well...it gets stuck some times while you expect to go spring back to original point.

I thought it happened only on FL, because one guy seem to test it on Cubase SX3 and everything worked right...

Now...if you guys can confirm this even more...and tell me what you find on your host (info in detail please), that would be very helpful to solve this thing.

KVRer
9 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Post Wed May 17, 2006 6:07 am

sam 8.3 - kinda same problems, all 2 version unusable - it's a pity :-(

KVRAF
7936 posts since 18 Feb, 2003 from out there somewhere

Post Wed May 17, 2006 6:59 am

yeah I had the same problems - I bought Live Sync Recorder just to use it (but LSR is a damn handy little plug on it's own)...

KVRian

Post Wed May 17, 2006 10:48 am

Can you try this one please?

http://www.spyro.presetbank.net/Joystick.zip

This is a very simple joystick, nothing fancy, it doesn't change the sound. Is just the plain SE joystick and nothing more.

Please do this and tell me your results:

1) Load this joystick on a project

2) Record 8 bars of automation, be sure to release the mouse some times to make it spring back.

3) See the results when playing back the recorded automation.

What I got here on FL is the same problem I described above on my first reply...sometimes the spring back doesn't work right, sometimes one of them works (for example, it goes back to center Y, but not X and viceversa)

Please Please!! do this test for me, is very important so I can make a good report on the SE newsgroups to fix this bug.

KVRer
9 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Post Thu May 18, 2006 4:53 am

ok, got it - but please gimme a day or two... :wink:

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu May 18, 2006 7:56 am

Hi..VISUALLY my automation is working fine..but it doesn't change the sound...the joystick seems to be moving around as it should though.....this is what i meant...READING automation has no effect on the sound, even thugh the joystick IS moving! you have to physically hold it down with the mouse click.

KVRian

Post Thu May 18, 2006 11:11 am

Now that's weird, seems the damn plug is behaving differently on various hosts.

Hmm... I think I should put a warning on the website for a while, until I manage to fix this.

Keep doing tests, I want as many clues as possible. thanks!

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu May 18, 2006 11:14 am

Well like i said in the first post the visual respond but the sound does nothing (with automation). The three hosts tested were Tracktion 2, Live 5.2 and Acid 6 demo.

KVRian

Post Thu May 18, 2006 11:29 am

Did you tried placing an initialization (reset) point to "X", "Y" and "Mouse down" values?

This is the first prob I had with the plug, but I thought it was only related to FL studio.

I hear you man, I understand perfectly what u said...and that might be the cause, just now DF is a wild bitch inside...is doing whatever she wants, so it could be another manifestation of the same problem.

KVRer
8 posts since 19 May, 2006

Post Thu May 18, 2006 4:17 pm

MAN
I love this plug.. got so into it but i cant use it :-(
Please let us know once u fix it ! it's a beast !

KVRAF
5118 posts since 5 Mar, 2003 from Philadelphia, USA

Post Thu May 18, 2006 4:44 pm

Off topic a little bit, but I think I saw KlangLab's new Milli Vinylli plug in a Future Music Magazine the other day.
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

KVRian

Post Thu May 18, 2006 7:54 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Aldready PM'd you.

KVRAF
5118 posts since 5 Mar, 2003 from Philadelphia, USA

Post Thu May 18, 2006 8:07 pm

hehe. PM replied to. ;)

I really can't even remember what the damn feature was....maybe something about making a groove sound 'oldskool' or something...I'll head up to the borders by me tomorrow and see if they still have it in stock. :)

Peace
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

KVRian

Post Sun May 21, 2006 10:05 am

Good news.

Jeff (SE owner) has acknowledged the problem and is going to be fixed soon.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Return to “Effects”