Polyslax - Tetrabiblos

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Track. Again with the ultra chilled meditative kinda vibe.

Tetrabiblos

128 bit .mp3
8.4 mb
9:09 min

Your thoughts/comments appreciated as always.
Image Image

As always - - - BEAUTIFUL!!!

:tu:

I find it really difficult to get this mood right when I compose - you nailed it!!!

:wink:

Dave

Oooh really liking this.
Nice break.
Have to say I keep expecting more variation with the keys though. Really like the distorted sounds & the harp?
Good smoking music though I reckon :D
Last minute & a half or so was especially nice - top.

edited for a bit more clarity.
Last edited by diverdee on Mon May 22, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beautiful piece, especially tasty on top of a non-4/4 time signature. If Kruder and Dorfmeister want to make a new 'Sessions', then this should be tucked in the middle :-)

Brian

Dave, thanks for the listen, glad you liked it. I seem to gravitate toward that mood at times... ah well, guess I won't be filling dance floors any time soon!

diverdee, cheers mate! Suppose I just got hypnotized by that repeating phrase, guess I could've mixed it up a bit. Reckon you're right about the smoking!
thenumber23 wrote:Beautiful piece, especially tasty on top of a non-4/4 time signature.
Brian, thanks for noticing! Your comments are much appreciated.
Image Image

bloody excellent track.
nuff said...

grilla, thanks man! Much appreciated.
Image Image

It's nice but the main rhodes lead (is that right? is it a rhodes synth sound??) i feel should be either brought down some so it's more subtle or use a different sound for it altogether. I agree that it (the lead) gets repetitive.
The sounds in the background are very cool as the song progresses.
I'm listening right now and as it plays....THAT LEAD IS BUGGING ME!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!! TURN IT OFF!!!!!!! :hihi:

Very nice tune.

SHUSH, thanks for the listen!

Yes, those are most definitely Rhodes sounds doing the main repetetive phrase throughout the track. It is fairly prominent in the mix, but personally I don't find it distracting. If I get the time I may try another mix and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for your time and comments!
Image Image

Any other takers?
Image Image

wow! What did you use to make this? Lounge Lizard? This is a gem of a hypnotic.

Relaxing, indeed.

damn near perfect ... :cool:

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated!

G_J: Yup, that's Lounge Lizard.
Image Image

This song creates a beautiful, haunting space. You've made 5/4 feel very natural which can be very difficult to do. The abrasive sounds are so compelling, yet don't detract from the underlying melody. Very dynamic as well. Delicious. What do you use for distortion/waveshaping. The final undulating lead sounds reminiscent of Ohmforce filters (Quadfromage, possibly Minimonsta), though my ears do fail me sometimes.

I have a similar track (created largely with Lounge Lizard and TB Triforce) but it seems far less dramatic. I'm embarrassed to post one of my own songs on someone else's thread... but I'll get over it. http://www.soundclick.com/util/download ... 9FB0B82D-8 It's called cascade

Polyslax, I hope this doesn't seem disrespectful. I appreciate you music greatly.

3am

P.s. Please excuse my use of Sound-Click

Return to “Music Cafe”