So, WHEN ?

Official support for: backintimerecords.de
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry to ask again (I confess I can be a pita sometimes :roll: ),
but time is passing by, and some other options from the competition in the ethnic area may or may not be considered, depending on an educated decision which could be made possible by a single clear statement from BITR.
So, my question is quite basic and simple, and should be handled as such :
is the release of Ethnotronics via download to be expected any day now, or is it delayed for weeks or even months ?
I do not demand a precise date, just an estimate, an approximate (and frank) answer which can help me decide if I start thinking to go elsewhere for my ethno needs, or if it's worth to wait (a slightly little) longer.
Thanks for your understanding

The trouble depends only the download version. We've had so much bad luck with the server service and had to switch to another one twice. Now we're at tradebit.com and the account setting details work is in process. There is a lot of folder and data assignment work to do on the backend and it's my job to make it. Klaus forced me to rush the upload but doing it still very carefully and always with verifying the download data. I'll make a Halleluja posting here when it's finally done.

Julia

julia wrote:The trouble depends only the download version. We've had so much bad luck with the server service and had to switch to another one twice. Now we're at tradebit.com and the account setting details work is in process. There is a lot of folder and data assignment work to do on the backend and it's my job to make it. Klaus forced me to rush the upload but doing it still very carefully and always with verifying the download data. I'll make a when is posting here when it's finally done.

Julia
Thanks Julia for taking the time to write a few lines here.
However, I'm sorry to insist, but this is not really an satisfying answer : when is halleluja meant to be ?
christmas is best fitted for this kind of stuff.... :?
But it's just a guess, because you gave absolutely no clue time wise....
----
you also say that the trouble is for the download version only : does it mean that cds/dvds are immediately available, and if I happen to order this "hard" version, I'll get it,let's say next week to my door ?
So does it imply that absolutely nobody ordered the cd/dvd ??
If so, it's really bad for the business, but only this could explain the total lack of feedback at this time...
And how to order the cd/dvd, what are the price, shipping cost, size of the lib ?
How to do it, have you a link in your shop to the cd/dvd... ? I did not see any.
---
Also, will the coupon which was announced months ago work with the cd version ? we need some clarifications about this.
Thanks in advance !
Last edited by sirbellog on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We've learned from the experiences through the last months, so we'll never again make release date announcements.

All instantly available products are listed on our website and in the online shop. Ethnotronics is still not listed because the most customers (more than 95%) prefer download and currently we can only deliver the product on CD, it's about 1.3 GBs on two CDs.

Klaus instructed me to make the product announcement when the download availability is fully assured, not one second earlier.

julia wrote:We've learned from the experiences through the last months, so we'll never again make release date announcements.

All instantly available products are listed on our website and in the online shop. Ethnotronics is still not listed because the most customers (more than 95%) prefer download and currently we can only deliver the product on CD, it's about 1.3 GBs on two CDs.

Klaus instructed me to make the product announcement when the download availability is fully assured, not one second earlier.
A bit confusing....
Can or cannot one order the 2 cds just right now ?
How and at what price ?

I just want to keep up with this because based on the quality of Vox'd and TSW, Ethno is a BITR product that I would buy.
Troll tag!!
Riley :hihi:
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Actually julia, if the "hard" version is available now - why not say so on the site?

Given the delays that are being experienced and the time it's taking, some eager customers may opt for CDs rather than wait for the download. But it's a bit difficult if there's no reference to that option on your site.

You could even have a sticky in this forum about it too - telling people that the CDs are available but the download is not - and this is how you purchase it etc...

Also - there were going to be two formats for Ethnotronics, WusikEngine and Halion Player. Are both now available on CD? What's the price?

I can understand you not wanting to announce dates of something that is not yet available - for obvious reasons in this case. However, I can't understand why you don't want to advertise what is available. You do sell CDs on your site, so it's not exactly an inconsistent approach.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

You are right, Caleb, and your questions will be answered in a new Ethnotronics thread for sure. It doesn't make too much sense to explain several issues before this as long as it depends a few exceptions for the different market areas Germany, Europe and overseas and the CD/downloadable relations. I guess we are more famous for the good quality and reasonable prices of our existing products than for making mistakes in confusing announcements, so let's keep this status. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned for the new product thread.

Julia

Return to “Back In Time Records”