Non-Entrants - What users would like to see

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not going to enter this Challenge but I look forward very much to see what the developers come up with.

Would potential entrants be interested in hearing what kvrists would like to see come out of this challenge? If so perhaps we could chip in here.

Personally I'd hope that we'll see some products for which there is not already a free version. I'll struggle to get too excited by another reverb or subtractive synth. For example remeber the buzz when Graham Yeadon released GSnap - a free autotune?

Perhaps a free EQ balancing mastering tool like Har-Bal and Voxengo Curve EQ?

Personally, I'd like to see creative sampling tools, that is, devices designed to record and/or play back samples in novel ways. Synthesis is overcrowded, but there's a lot of room for experimentation in sampling. Whoever does a fractal resonant sympathetic spongifying sampler with elastic grain rigidity and advanced fluid modelling gets my vote...

That said, I prefer to be caught off-guard :D
The mind boggles.

good idea this thread. :)

Juanjo wrote:Personally, I'd like to see creative sampling tools, that is, devices designed to record and/or play back samples in novel ways. Synthesis is overcrowded, but there's a lot of room for experimentation in sampling. Whoever does a fractal resonant sympathetic spongifying sampler with elastic grain rigidity and advanced fluid modelling gets my vote...

That said, I prefer to be caught off-guard :D
Experimentation in sampling: That's quite a good idea!
"It dreamed itself along"

I would really love to hear my own voice (or audio) pitch shifted according to the notes I would play on my keyboard (or midi). Of course, this celestial harmony would not sound like Darth Vader or the Chipmunks. Any way, I think we lack a good sounding pitch shifter VST.

here's what greylion wants. :)
GreyLion wrote:If I can put in a request, I'd like to see a dev take a run at duplicating my favorite hardware as a VST -- the Boss Talent Pedal.

It only had two knobs, one to make your guitar sound better, and one to make you play better. It went up to 11.

...I lost mine, and can't seem to find another one anywhere......

id like some sort of simple webcam app that changes a cc value when you move your hand over it please. :D

WoJ

WoJ wrote:id like some sort of simple webcam app that changes a cc value when you move your hand over it please. :D

WoJ
HEY, that was what I was doing.

A X/Y motiontracking to cc events.
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

larsby wrote:
WoJ wrote:id like some sort of simple webcam app that changes a cc value when you move your hand over it please. :D

WoJ

It should be a double x/y/z tracker instead! Two hands, three dimensions! :)
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

larsby wrote:

WoJ

:party:

Yay!

the software from this contest is going to be brilliant! cant wait.

WoJ

If anyone has seen ezydrummer ,, which has a picture of the
drum kit and you click on the triggers that are superimposed
on the image to trigger the sounds,, then I want a vst like that.
,, a midi trigger type vst that allows
you to load images of instruments and from a pallete
of midi trigger shapes you can drop and lock on the image and
trigger with the mouse.
KVR - the many headed beast.

What I would like to see in any new VST or VSTi would be knobs that are realy easy to set "exactly" on the value I want. That would benefit all musicians.
==============================================================
We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Last edited by northland on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Take this; you hater!

larsby wrote:

WoJ

as a user I'd like that, although I'd need to get myself a cam then ;)

with regards
Lucia

northland wrote:What I would like to see in any new VST or VSTi instrument would be knobs that are realy easy to set "exactly" on the value I want. That would benefit all of the musician.
==============================================================
We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Actually, I saw Steve Austin the other day. He looked a million dollars... He'd really let himself go..

:roll: :hihi:

DSP

well for me a simple but high quality effect would do fine... I'm really getting tired of all those donglestuff and I need something to replace at least some of those plugs that I'm using a dongle for right now...

but - well surprise me :hihi: I'm really looking forward to the results of all this. maybe the Bugs will part-take as a team next year and put a full fledged sequencer on the table ;)

anyway carry on... I'll come back when there's something to play with

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”