Goldwave any good ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GoldWave

i would like to have some opinion about this software and how it is compared to soft like audition or soundforge .
http://www.goldwave.com/release.php
The first thing we can notice it is that the GUI was made by a man who can not see colors , but this soft seems powerfull and not exepensive , any users out there ?
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

I've been using GoldWave since 1995; the current version is superb in my opinion.

It's cheap as well.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I ran the shareware version for ages before I bought it. You just get a nag screen at the start, that's all. You might as well download it and run with it for a while, nothing ventured...

By the way, you can change the colours if you wish. :wink:
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

oh thank you for the tip i will change the colour seems i am going to stay with Goldwave but i think everybody should try this soft :D
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

I the demo version of Goldwave for the longest time! That was the program that thought me everything I know. Then... ( I know I know... traitor... LOL) Then I switched to Cool Edit, now Audition. Goldwave has pretty much everything a full featured Audio Editor can offer, except for the GUI. Love Audition's a lot better.

wich version you were using at that time ?

i'm old goldwave owner too. i used to rely on it long ago before i bought soundforge (which i bought when they were still sonic foundry at version6, and love it). goldwave is very execllent software though. good programmer, good support.

cool but how would you define it compared to soundforge ?
i mean in terms of capabilities of sample edition , have it as feature as soundforge ?

Vonbrucken wrote:i would like to have some opinion about this software and how it is compared to soft like audition or soundforge .
http://www.goldwave.com/release.php
The first thing we can notice it is that the GUI was made by a man who can not see colors , but this soft seems powerfull and not exepensive , any users out there ?
I own it. Definitely buy it. It does just about everything. The batch processing features are perfect.

Carb.

It used to be simple enough that you could get common tasks done extremely quickly; now it takes 4x the clicks, so I stick with the older version (3)

I'm using it for more then ten years now!
I think it's one of the most underestimated products out there.

yes i am starting to realise it :love:

After several years of using Goldwave, my only complaint is they don't notify registered users there's a update available. Compared to a lot of software, that ain't much of a complaint in my book :wink:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

thma wrote:I'm using it for more then ten years now!
I think it's one of the most underestimated products out there.
:wink: it is truth

I've been SO close to buy myself a license of Goldwave more than once, but the lack of VST support have always stopped me. How do you all cope with that? Or am I the only one?

midiman; there are vst->dx wrappers :) the one that cakewalk sells that fxpansion makes. it would let you use your vst as directx plugs.

goldwave is cute and fast and powerful. the internal processors and effects usually do me just fine. in fact i usually disable the directx plugin support in goldwave setup. i think there is a big difference between soundforge and it, the main one being soundforge is much bulkier than gw. they both can edit on the sample level, and both have their own pros and cons. goldwave starts fast, processes fast, and is very customizable to work how you want to work (however that may be).

@ian; no doubt. i just realized i was using 4.x still :) and updated, but had to contact the dev to use that version. he got back to me in less than an hour and i was up and running. boy what a nice new version 4->5 is. love it much more now in v5.x :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”