StringSynth Settings Help?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to use StringSynth but I am having a hard time understanding what all of the settings are for. I'm not understanding what the capital latters are supposed to mean. I am getting close to the sound that I want from it but can't really get too much closer w/o figuring out what I'm really changing. I'm new using vsti. I've used vsts for effects in recording but I've just started trying out some vstis.

Thanks, Chuck

chucktx wrote:I am trying to use StringSynth but I am having a hard time understanding what all of the settings are for. I'm not understanding what the capital latters are supposed to mean. I am getting close to the sound that I want from it but can't really get too much closer w/o figuring out what I'm really changing. I'm new using vsti. I've used vsts for effects in recording but I've just started trying out some vstis.

Thanks, Chuck
Hi Chuck

welcome to the world of VST's :-)
String synth actually only has very basic controls.
First is the DCO ( Digital Controlled Oscillator) with waveforms and octave spreads.
Next is the VIBrato effect with rate( speed) and level( how much)
Next is The ENSemble effect with just a feedback parameter.
Then the AMP ADSR ( Attack, , Decay, Sustain and Release) which shapes the volume of the sound.
Then The Filter, which shapes the timbre, with its own ADSR and Frequency and Q ( resonance) controls.
Finally, an effects section which includes a Phaser and Delay, which alternates by clicking the top button.

Most of these are standard parameters found on most VST's. I suggest going to the Instrument Forum, and checking out the top sticky thread which has basic info on how to create sounds using VST's.

Let us know how you come along!!

Tim

Return to “AlgoMusic”