AUGUST LOOP crackingup in LOGIC setup

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello -

I am preparing a live sound performance - I do sort of organic minimal noise music - and I am using a Powerbook G4 OSX10.3.9 - Logic 7 - UC-33 controller and M-Audio FW410 - I have a set up for Quadro output - using two tracks - and two inputs...

I have been practicing a setup for a week or so - and now (two days before the performance) I begin to hear that AUGUSTUS LOOP is introducing cracks - that of course enter into the loop and are totally annoying. Especially because I am working for this piece with fragile layers of micro-tonal frequencies - this crack is totally destroying this set - and now I must find a way to either work around - or simply not use AUGUSTUS LOOP - but I do like it (except for these cracks)...

I do notice that if I recopy my COMPONENT file into the folder and erase the old and 'corrupted?' version - that it works for a while until it begins again - usually it seems that it reoccurs after an intense passage of the composition - during which it seems to acquire the bug...so this is not useful in the context of this piece as it usually returns...

(by the way I do notice I have the version 1.6.2 and there is 1.6.3 - which I do hope helps.) But i don't have time now to check - so - if anyone knows anything about this problem - and could advise - please don't hesitate to write....

thanks in advance...

Hi,

one thing that can easily cause pops in Augustus is using the 'Freeze Loop' feature. Are you using that?

However
> usually it seems that it reoccurs after an intense passage of the composition
this makes me wonder whether what you're actually hearing is digital overload, at some point in your audio chain after Augustus. If you keep feeding stuff into the loop, the signal level can build up and up and up.
Using the 'saturation' feature can keep the level down. Are you using that?

cheers,
os.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”