synth one : managing more then 10 banks ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whAt is the solution you use ?
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

I have a folder where I put all the bank folders in

and when I need another bank I just change to it via the options in SYNTH1.

and I never need more than 10 banks in my projects ;-)

another help can be when you have an empty bank folder where you can copy the patches you like or need for your projects.

If you're clever, you could write a batch files that amended the registry to point synth1 to a different set of folders and back again, or, if you're not comfortable editing the registry, you could write batch files to shift the preset files around or rename directories.

Actually, you don't need to be clever to do this as I could do it.

hum ok :wink:
the options settings change will be a cool option
it makes no clips during changing bank so it is useful for live performance 8) :D
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

@speccyteccy

tbh I'm not clever enough,
I even dont understand what a batch file is.

could you elaborate on that a bit more?

or maybe give us an example of that file?

or ... whatever

Adding the ability to manage more than 10 soundbanks could be a feature to ask for the next release... Who is with me?

You guys are just greedy, 10 banks of 128 sounds and you still want more! :shock: :hihi:

But what the hell +1 from me! ;)
the way is not a religious or political statement

you could use the script thingy that i made and had help modifying:

http://designermonkey.funklabs.org/down ... kSetup.zip

more info here: http://designermonkey.funklabs.org/dl.php scroll down to the synth1 red box thing.

basically it does what you guys are saying (the registry part anyway) -- you still have to move files on disk around.

what i've done is put all my synth1 stuff in one big directory full of them, then i use my tool to choose the different ones. the reason i made it is because it became tedious to have to use the synth1 system to do it (when i had the directories all over the place) -- having the synth1 presets all in one spot makes this tool less useful, but it's an alternate way to interact with it to swap banks.

i've thought about making a bank manager program for synth1 (to help me in organizing and tracking favorites -- including meta data and stuff like notes) but haven't gotten around to it yet. perhaps i will someday.

check this thread for more info on the bank project:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... nk+manager

:)

You can use a hex editor and change que "s1v " code which is used to store the adjustments in the register. You can also change the internal app name so the new branches created had a different name.
Of course, editing the app is something not allowed by the license, but if you need it...

sin night wrote:Adding the ability to manage more than 10 soundbanks could be a feature to ask for the next release... Who is with me?
if you find a way to talk to ichora, please just tell him thank you from me.

Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

a lot of people make that mistake :)
love synth1
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

thank you all , thank you grymmjack i will watch your thing , i will try to email todo ichora

rsmus7 wrote:I have a folder where I put all the bank folders in

and when I need another bank I just change to it via the options in SYNTH1.

and I never need more than 10 banks in my projects ;-)

another help can be when you have an empty bank folder where you can copy the patches you like or need for your projects.
that's my solution. Works pretty well, tbh.
..what goes around comes around..

grymmjack wrote:
sin night wrote:Adding the ability to manage more than 10 soundbanks could be a feature to ask for the next release... Who is with me?
if you find a way to talk to ichora, please just tell him thank you from me.
I don't know him and how to contact him, but I love synth1. I use it always. I thougt he could have been one of the member of kvr, so I put here the request for this feature...

Return to “Instruments”