Korg Legacy (can't start audio engine and playn legacy cell?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey to all, i've been using hardware for the past 9 years and now with all the features i'm greatlyfully giving in to software.

i dl a demo version of Legacy. Once everything downloaded correctily i restarted and attempted to start up but i keep getting this error message "unable to start audio engine" then Legacy pops up in the background but no sounds play.

So that's problem number 1

prob. 2 i had an older version already on my cpu. the thing with it is when i load wavestation it'll play through my midi controller but for some reason when i load Legacy Cells i don't hear any sound? i can look on my cpu monitor and see it's recognizing that i'm pressing a key on the midi controller and it's lighting up. I can even click the mouse on keyboard on my cpu monitor and it'll play the sounds from Legacy Cell but anybody know why i'm not getting any sound when i press the key on my midi controller. like i said everything legacy is def. getting the signal (it's flashing on the screen) and i can play the sounds clicking my mouse on the monitors keyboard. I don't understand why when i load Wavestation everything plays fine from my midi controller but in Legacy Cell i'm not getting any sound? i haven't made any config changes and everything looks the same. i've rebooted and everything.

Any help to either problem would be appreciated, thanks

What host are you using?

thanks for your reply Egar

i'm using Cantabile 1.1

Are you sending on MIDI channel 1?

If the WS is in OMNI mode and the Legacy isn't, then it could be that you are transmitting on a different MIDI channel, which is why the Legacy is not responding...

"Are you sending on MIDI channel 1?"

lol, i was using 4. that fixed the problem, thanks very much BEE J!

My powers of remote diagnosis are in full effect today! ;)

beej wrote:My powers of remote diagnosis are in full effect today! ;)
One might conclude that you are omni-scient. :)
Image Image

lol, 1 other question now i'm trying to use m1, when i click to load this plugin my soundcard starts making a loud static sound going in and out. But, i'm sure a simple search will give me the answer to that question but the m1 isn't playing anything. I'm assuming i need to change channels again or does the m1 not work with the demo version? because i tried to open m1 and a couple others and i get an error message saying something like no protection device connected. thanks

polyslax wrote:One might conclude that you are omni-scient. :)
I see what you did, there... :hihi: 8)

As for the other prob x man, I don't think there is a demo of the Legacy Digital, because it's syncrosofted (they can't even remove the key protection to give demo versions). There *was* a Legacy Analog demo if I remember corectly, though.

So it looks to me like your "demo" version is not a real demo, and, well, no protection device is connected, so I can't/won't help you there...

Return to “Instruments”