New version of Anna

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fixes:
- CPU spikes upon note on's should be gone or close to gone.
- WaveGeneration much faster, making oscillator knobs more responsive.
- This also made preset changes a bit faster.
- "rand" wave generation was buggy and basically rendered the slope knob useless on it.

Let me know if any new bugs have been introduced due to the fixes....

Here's the dll:
http://www.synthmaker.com/docs/uploads/ ... a/Anna.dll

edit: updated the dll again, I could remove a workaround and make the waves yet a bit faster to generate.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

Thanks alot for the update. The spikes present before seem to be gone, but sometimes still show up when changing presets. Otherwise it's a massive synth. Extremely versatile and definately one of the biggest Synthmaker creations I've seen to date. CPU is a little heavy (15-30% mostly) but that's to be expected with everything onboard - no pain no gain :wink: . Everything else is great! It made my list for sure :tu:

FL Studio, AMD Athlon 2500, WinXP, 512mb RAM

I have got a slightly faster CPU, 4 times more RAM and an OS that is normally faster than yours and I find Anna barely useable because of it's load time and preset change time.

For the rest, it is as you say. Great.

eidenk: What CPU do you more specifically have?

Debutante: As long as I find the CPU usage too high I will continue working on getting it lower, and I do find it a lot too high under a lot of situations atm. Some four polyphony sounds are decent in CPU here (like 6-7% ), but most are higher and needs optimizations in both Anna and in SynthMaker.

We basically know how to solve the preset change CPU spikes, but it's a bit of a tricky one, so it'll probably take some time.
Stefan H Singer

wow, i quite like this synth, BIT cpu hungry but produces some monsterous sounds, cheers.

Athlon XP 2600. CPU use is not really the issue here. It's more about the slowness of the controls or something. Even manipulating knobs seems to be quite slow if you see what I mean.

I just tried Anna. I liked the sound and the interface is snazzy... but the program/GUI seems very unresponsive.

geekboy wrote:I just tried Anna. I liked the sound and the interface is snazzy... but the program/GUI seems very unresponsive.
Did you get the version posted in this thread or the one on the Developer Challenge page?

If you got this version, under which host and with what CPU? Does the "slowness" apply to the entire gui or just specific sections (like for instance the oscs)?
Stefan H Singer

Finally works in eXT, thanks stefancrs for this good synth
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Podium won't load it.. I'll inform frits..

DSP

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. :hyper:
Mizutaphile.

duncanparsons wrote:Podium won't load it.. I'll inform frits..

DSP
What the... Podium (and EnergyXT demo...) is the host I use for testing :) What computer do you have? Running 1.70?
Stefan H Singer

Did you make this synth before or after the continent-wide Swedish summerhit?
I was sure this topic was about yet another version of it :D
'
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote:Did you make this synth before or after the continent-wide Swedish summerhit?
I was sure this topic was about yet another version of it :D
'
It has nothing to do with the song "boten anna", there can be other reasons to name something "Anna" you know :)
Stefan H Singer

thats a nice synth ...thanks

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”