SQ80 emulating VSTi available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This week at another SQ8L related thread i had posted my first experiences of comparing my Ensioniq ESQ-1 (that i bought recently) to the SQ8L plugin:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=30

So far my concludusion was that SQ8L is an excellent emulation and with many patzches it indeed seems to sound similar.
Anyway i had found that at higher resonance and especially full resonance there seems to be a bigger difference of the filters in the ESQ-1 (which except a few additional features in the SQ-80 is identical to the SQ-80) and SQ8L. The ESQ-1 seems to keep the low end much better when increasing the Resonance while in the SQ8L this seems to be mostly "lost". This seems to be more obvious at lower octaves.

While with small amounts of Resonance or no Resonance overall the low end of the plugin is very good maybe the low end of the ESQ-1 is sligtly better while the difference is not big.

At my first test i had found an overall brighter sound of the SQ8L when using the same patches but with activating the "MUFFLE" parameter in the SQ8L global/Emu menu this seems to be mostly solved.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”