Welcome!

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the KVR music theory forum!

This forum was created for 2 reasons:

1: As a response to the many hundreds of requests for theoretical advice and information that the KVR community receives each month. It was thought that creating a dedicated forum to deal with these questions, and the rather lengthy responses that they can sometimes elicit, would make it easier for people to find the information that they want.

2. As a place for more general discussions about the nature of music as a whole. Not just harmony and melody and rhythm, but psychoacoustics, ethnomusicology, musical history, audio history, or any other musico-philosophical issue.

So that means that this is the forum to come to if you have or are interested in:

Questions regarding scales, intervals, chords, and pitch structures generally (tonal and atonal).

Questions regarding time signatures, counting patterns, and metrical structure.

Questions regarding the creation and harmonization of a melody.

Questions regarding counterpoint.

Questions regarding polyrhythms and polymetrical techniques generally.

Questions about alternative tuning systems (Just intonation, Mean tone, etc.) and their use in electronic music.

Questions about acoustics: room acoustics, Helmholtz bass traps, room equalization, etc.

Questions about the relationship between music and the field of sound as a whole, from acoustically pure concord to noise.

Questions about the underlying principles of any music or musical tradition. (e.g. raga and tala in Indian classical music, slendro and pelog tunings in Balinese music, the standard waveforms of analog oscillators and their properties, etc.)

Questions about the use of plugins that use and apply theoretical concepts.
Last edited by herodotus on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah well, welcome.
Could this thread be moved over as well?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

And thanks again to whomever.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

herodotus wrote: 3. Questions regarding the best free reverb, best free multiband compressor, best free VA, etc.
Well hopefully we won't get any of these rampant threads in here!

Is there a place where we can upload some stuff for everybody to use?

I've got lots of interesting and useful docs.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

An upload place for everybody would be a kickass idea. Unfortunately, history shows that such things will often be abused.
I've got like half a gig of webspace for myself, but unfortunately I can't grant access to anybody else, there's no additional user account setup possible.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

What about putting it all on a File Host server - something like Rapidshare - it'd solve the problem of space!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Awesome forum!
Thanks for that.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Absolutely thrilled. To think that KVR used to be a "f**k music theory and all conventions of established music" kind of place not long ago, we've come a looong way since.

Great to see this!

Cool... I've never had any music theory training but I'll definetely be looking at this forum a lot; I've always thought that trying to understand the principles of what you're doing can really help you creatively. I just hope you guys won't mind if I ask a stupid question now and again :).

Brilliant idea to have a forum for this!
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

Thanks for the forum... this looks nice! :tu:

Good shit!
I am not a bone head.

Finally!!!! :hyper: :party:

I edited the first post in light of recent controversy.

I feel drunk with power.

This forums is very good. Thanks million. :shock:
ICOM Battery will let you heard by the world.

Thanks. It beats paying to take Music Theory in School. :!:

Return to “Music Theory”