NUCLEAR CRANIUM -free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, it's true. I had nothing better to do with my life than make you people another Christmas present. ;)

So, here's the link to the goods.

What it do?:

NUCLEAR CRANIUM is a 100% free Multi-Band Distortion/FSU device designed to aid in the construction of experimental music and sounds.

NUCLEAR CRANIUM works with Stereo or Mono source material input. The FX magic starts by splitting the incoming source material using a Comb Filter into four frequency layers; Hi, Mid, Low, and Else. Then each frequency layer has its own proprietary FX units with which one alters or corrupts said frequency. Each frequency layer is then recombined into one unified new sound result. All frequency layers have PITCHSHIFTING, BITCRUSHING, WAVESHAPING, "CRUNCH", BITCRUSH, "PSYCHODELAY", and AUTOPAN FX units individually. As well as independent Wet/Dry settings and Volume/Amplification sliders as well. Each frequency layer can be turned ON or OFF to save CPU consumption. Nearly every single NUCLEAR CRANIUM parameter has its own individual internal completely reconfigurable LFO. NUCLEAR CRANIUM 's GUI is 100% verbosely tooltipped for ease of learning.

NUCLEAR CRANIUM comes with 50 internal presets, 27 external presets, a user's manual, and a positive karma blessing from the great CyberSiddhartha.

If you like this, please let me know what you think. I spent wayyyyy too much time on this damn it. Ignore at your own peril. No but seriously, this one's really something different folks.

PS

If you missed last year's Christmas present from me, that was GlitchGirl-NEO.

EDIT:

Like a dufus I forgot to say:

MERRY FLIPPIN' CHRISTMAS.

If you swing that way. :)

EDIT:

Also forgot to mention there are -three- fat MP3 demos to hear on that page, in case you can't be buggered to try the thing else wise. ;)

EDIT:

Added eBay Auction for the AMPLiFY Shirt.

EDIT:

Added a much, much better description of what this does.
Last edited by JackDark on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jack Dark, you Pluggy bastard! Thank you! It's grrreeeeaaaat! Merry Xmas to you, too! Keep on going! :D

thanks

yay!!! Looks completely fun and utterly destructive... and then reconstructive... bbzyyy czzzooouuullld ma ay ay ayzke good vocals with this thing ye?

Thanx alot for this man! Merry X-mas to you too! :D
--_ yup.... _--

Thanks Jack!
& Merry X-mas :D

:hug:

thanks a million! Merry Christmas to you too!

I looked elsewhere for a split second and it ate a perfectly innocent amen

this one rocks, dude

.jon

:hail:

Thanks so much Jack!!!

Happy holidays to you too sir!

Dave

JackDark on his site wrote:Okay okay, you can download NUCLEAR CRANIUM if you read very very really really carefully:

First you must move your mouse counter clockwise three times, then up and down five times, then right click, left click, right click, middle scroll down three times, middle click, flip the mouse over, praise SynthEdit while licking your own face, and then, uh... gyatdamn are you still reading this?!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, dude, and Happy X-Mas!
snooky wrote: There is no god in the VST world.

You are far too kind to those of us who make things go 'beeeekkkaaazzzp', Jack.
I've recorded over 400 answering machines - the Best Of recordings are available for use and can be found here:
https://answerphone.tumblr.com/

_oswald wrote:You are far too kind to those of us who make things go 'beeeekkkaaazzzp', Jack.
um, about that, would you f**kers that go BEEEKKKAAZZZP please get your twisted creepy asses into my forum. i made it for you. put some knowledge there. :help: :x :smack: :wink: :love: , :help: :x :smack: :wink: :love: , :help: :x :smack: :wink: :love: , repeat to infinity.

----Nice t-shirt Jack, ya look like some kind of evil Fonzie in that pic. :hihi: From Dre to Reznor instantly with preset #Sir Crust A Lot :shock:

Jeff

Added - If not for the overly-randomness of some of these glitchy type artifacts in the plug, it would be the nudstrial sound in a colorful box Jack, try running hip hop beats through it. :lol: Half the time kick drums turn into stereo speaker craters, or bazzlines from the darkside. Good stuff those. :)

Added - Is there a *mute* for each of the 4 bands ? If not, that would rule, cause then you could get the fx only, and only where ya want them frequency-wise. 8)

TYVM x 10 ... u gotta love the JD!

dover666 wrote:um, about that, would you f**kers that go BEEEKKKAAZZZP please get your twisted creepy asses into my forum. i made it for you. put some knowledge there. :help: :x :smack: :wink: :love: , :help: :x :smack: :wink: :love: , :help: :x :smack: :wink: :love: , repeat to infinity.
Righto.

liars&ashes wrote:----Nice t-shirt Jack - Is there a *mute* for each of the 4 bands ?
Thanks, that shirt will be on eBay very soon. :hihi:

No need to mute all four bands, here's why...

Turn only the ELSE band ON.

Now use the CUT/RES sliders until all or at least 90% of the frequencies in your source material are going through ELSE. Now, you can just mutilate the ELSE band with its FX. That should worky.

More later folks the dreaded real life calls...

Return to “Effects”