(freeware) FreqAnalyst Preview

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Exclusively for KVR, here is a short preview of our next product to be released (soon). Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst is a spectrum analyzer with zoomable display, adjustable frequency analysis precision and speed (with very fast refresh rate and smooth envelope, even with high frequency precision). As usual the user interface is skinnable, in case you would not like the default one. Additionnal thresholding features have been added for ultimate analysis.

Best of all, this product will be released as freeware...!

(Mono Version preview)

A Pro version with even more features will be released a few weeks after this free one. Owners of our other analysis tools (Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro or Blue Cat's Widening Meter Pro) will of course be offered a special price for this new tool.

See you soon on www.bluecataudio.com for more information. Happy new year!
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That looks nice!

Interesting plugins on your site, and all skinnable 8)

Have you ever considered making a channel strip/mixer plugin? You seem to have the components covered, and I think modular host users would be interested in a flexible, quality mixer/strip add-on.

Blue Cat does it again.. Any idea of pricing on this one when it's out of beta?

That looks great. I have a generic question on freq analysers though. What sorta things should we be looking for when analysing a track? Spikes in certain places?

Nice one - Thanx for sharing!!! Can't wait to get it :-)
------------------------
TO BE OR NOT TO BE (Shakespeare)
DOO BE DOO BE DOO (Sinatra)

hey bluecat, will there be a "bargraph" view (meaning every band is displayed as a bar, not as curves)?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

hey bluecat, will there be a "bargraph" view (meaning every band is displayed as a bar, not as curves)?
Maybe in the pro version. But I have often wondered the reason for such a view... Isn't a curve enough?
What sorta things should we be looking for when analysing a track? Spikes in certain places?
Spikes will give you information about harmonics in the track, and you will usually look at the overall shape to see how large the bandwidth is. It will help you see how to EQ the track so that each instrument occupies its own bands. But there is no rule (maybe some users have their own best practices), it is useful to see the frequency content of a track. You can use it as well to see the influence of a plugin on the spectrum of the track.
Have you ever considered making a channel strip/mixer plugin? You seem to have the components covered, and I think modular host users would be interested in a flexible, quality mixer/strip add-on.
It's in the plans... We also have many other products in the pipe, it's just a matter of time! But we are of course open to any idea.
Any idea of pricing on this one when it's out of beta?
Do you mean for the Pro version? (this one is freeware). The pro version's price should be similar to our other analysis tools, but it's not decided yet.

Some more info about the pro version: like our other analysis products it will allow you to reuse some information (about the frequency content for this one) to send MIDI CC or record automation curves...

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
Maybe in the pro version. But I have often wondered the reason for such a view... Isn't a curve enough?
well, its mainly the "i am used to" fraction i guess ... i f.e. always worked with that klark technik analyzer these days ... all those analyzers were bargraphs ... i just prefer bargraphs, it feels more comftable ...
you have the bar, you know the frequency, you know the slope ... : just perfect ... you can be absolutely sure what to do then ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Thanks for the hint brok landers.
you know the slope
What are you calling "slope" in this case?

Here is a new screenshot showing the new "window opacity" feature of our skinning language. This feature allows you to control the opacity of the window containing the plugin with a slider placed in the plugin skin. It works in most hosts (when setting the plugins windows in "always on top" of "floating" mode). This one shows the stereo version in Sonar 6, and opacity is set to 60%. It's very useful when you have a small screen and you need to monitor many things at the same time.

That window opacity seems nice. Can't wait to try out. Thanks Blue Cat :)
Drummer of Treasure Land and Graphic designer
Guinious Graphic Design |
My MySpace | Treasure Land MySpace |

where??? WHEN??? i was just talking on the phone to my brother about how this is exactly what he needs for learning about compression and eq'ing.... where when? how? please???

That looks fantastic!

Ok that opacity is seriously cool!

:thu:

Wow opacity on the entire GUI sick indeed!

Return to “Effects”