the lofty Vietnamese noodle house

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/325.mp3

This song has a special performance by my brother on the violin. I play the acoustic guitar and synthesizers.

Despite your proficiency for producing interesting samples, I really find the one in this track a distraction. It's a pretty strong track otherwise. Ahh much better at the 2min+ mark without that sound. The high tones starting just before 6:00 are bit screechy. Violin sounds very lush. Covers a good bit of ground, getting several different "feels" in. Some made me think the Tubes, some made me think Zappa.

Rethink this a little, give it a more "standard" structure - by which I suppose I mean a little less epic and some more repetition - and some lyrics/vocals and it's a pretty happenin' pop tune. Or don't do that at all, interesting listen either way.
Regards, Mike

Thanks for listening mn. :)

I've got the same comment on the sample from a couple people. I'm not sure why, but I think it's really cool.

Originally I intended the song to be a pop kind of tune. I wrote some lyrics for this and actually the violin plays melodies that were originally intended for vocals. I thought the violin was cooler for this song. I get bored easily and once I finish a part I lay down the chord structure and start a new part not really building on anything preceding. However, every part is based upon the same 8 chord progression.

Anyway, that's my justification for why the song exists in its current form

Genetic_Junk wrote:I get bored easily and once I finish a part I lay down the chord structure and start a new part not really building on anything preceding.
:lol: :hihi:
Genetic_Junk wrote:Anyway, that's my justification for why the song exists in its current form
No justification whatsoever needed. I probably tend to try to make things fit the pop category too much. Not a criticism, just an observation. :)
Regards, Mike

Awesome tune Junk! In fact, that's the least disjointed track you've done (I don't mean that in a bad way!). I like the progression/melody as it has a slightly sad-magical feel, and some of the guitar parts really got to me. Excellent, heading back for another listen!
Image Image

Thanks polyslax. :)

I agree with Polysax on this one. The strings are golden honey in there, too. Nice addition. Keep up the good work.

It's well produced and generaly sounds okay although it perhaps goes on a little too long..the ideas towards the end sound a little desperate.
I'm a fan of BoC.
But...I'm getting a little weary of everyone trying to sound like them.
You've tried to get away from their style as the tune progresses but that's when this starts to not work so well IMO.

Cool tune, some nice psychedelic bits in there among the other varied yet not disparate parts. A very enjoyable piece.

Thanks for the music, Genetic_Junk.

thanks for listening Jazzy, oddbods, and bobsled. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”