Novation Xio Or Novation X-Station 25?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Well, as the heading says, which would you go for? The X-Station or Xio and why?

Thanks

I've never played the Xio, but the X-station has loads more controllers - better for controlling soft synths. But, if you're more into using the onboard synth, the Xio has a new filter and arpeg from what I've heard.

I'd go for the X-station, because I'm a fan of faders and lots of controllers to twiddle sounds.

It also depends on what you're going to use it for - the X-Station has more in/outs (2xNeutrix type) and Midi In/Out/Thru, it also has (basic) inbuilt effects (2 blocks), however if none of these are relevant to you...

The XIO 'looks' smaller and maybe lighter (if you are considering going mobile with it), then there's the current draw (again for mobility) - being much newer than the X-Station it might consume a lot less power.

XIO is Class Compliant - the X-Station needs both audio and midi drivers installed (no big deal and they are good drivers).

I think the XIO is a lot cheaper and has X-Gator.

Depends on what you are going to do with it really, and as jamesb noted the X-Station has a lot more controls if you want to use it as a control surface.

Sound quality of the X-Station is good for what it is.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”