Hardware recommendations - £200

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, got a couple of quid to blow. Stuff buying any more jeans, t-shirts, trainers or records (although this is probably what ill end up doing).

I want to buy a new piece of hardware. I'm thinking an additional delta44 or maybe a s/h compressor. Maybe a guitar pedal or even a midi controller like the bcf2000. Also thinking about a cycloops for my dj setup. i could do with some monitors, although the ammount of time i mix out of cans is minimal these days. Decisions, decisions.

What do you think (not that it'll make 1 iota of a difference)? Lol.

elektrasoul wrote:I want to buy a new piece of hardware.
OK, it's time to control yuor gearlust. You can't buy everything with 200 quid, so let's prioritize...
elektrasoul wrote:I'm thinking an additional delta44
That gives you more input/output channels. Nice if you have a mixer, and want to record more tracks at once. Are you going to record a full drum kit? Have the mics + preamps? I'd skip that... One Delta44 should be sufficient.
elektrasoul wrote:or maybe a s/h compressor.
"S/H" as in "Sample and Hold"? What use is that?
elektrasoul wrote:Maybe a guitar pedal
Can't have enough of these indeed... What's your current guitar setup? What's lacking?
elektrasoul wrote:or even a midi controller like the bcf2000.
Ah, more hands-on faders... Can be useful!
elektrasoul wrote:Also thinking about a cycloops for my dj setup.
Red Sound now has it's successor: the SoundBITE. So maybe you can get a Cycloops cheap from eBay and get some extra gear. I'm not really into DJ'ing, but I think any laptop with the right software should be able to do the same as one of these devices.
elektrasoul wrote:i could do with some monitors, although the ammount of time i mix out of cans is minimal these days.
Now we're talking! No home studio is complete without a set of good reference monitoring speakers!
elektrasoul wrote:Decisions, decisions.
Indeed... Good luck!
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:That gives you more input/output channels. Nice if you have a mixer, and want to record more tracks at once. Are you going to record a full drum kit? Have the mics + preamps? I'd skip that... One Delta44 should be sufficient

an additional delta44 wouldnt be used to record multi instruments in. id use it for recording multiple tracks out and back in at the mixdown stage. this is probably my preferred option along with a guitar pedal (if i can get them both cheap enough).

BertKoor wrote:"S/H" as in "Sample and Hold"? What use is that?

no, s/h as in second hand / used. maybe something like an alesis or a fatman, i dunno. currently got a behringer limiter/compressor.

BertKoor wrote:Can't have enough of these indeed... What's your current guitar setup? What's lacking?

my current guitar setup is no guitar. lol. i would use the pedal to route audio through at the mixdown stage.

BertKoor wrote:Ah, more hands-on faders... Can be useful

the bcf2000 might be a bit extravagant for my purposes though, especially if im trying to go hardware.

BertKoor wrote:Red Sound now has it's successor: the SoundBITE. So maybe you can get a Cycloops cheap from eBay and get some extra gear. I'm not really into DJ'ing, but I think any laptop with the right software should be able to do the same as one of these devices.

yeah, the soundbite. also, the peavey grabber. always fancied a cycloops since i first seen one demo. again maybe a bit extravagant for all the time that im on my dex these days.

BertKoor wrote:Now we're talking! No home studio is complete without a set of good reference monitoring speakers!

newborn babies dont really like loud music when theyre sleeping. lol. i do fancy some kvr's or old tannoy reveals though.

There were some items you marked with "extravagant", so the list becomes considerably shorter.

A compressor could be a nice add-on. But it's available in software also. Lots of freebees and excellent payware items...

Apart from guitar pedals you could also get a proper multi-effect processor. S/h Yamaha SPX, ART DMV-Pro, or whatever. Bonus: stereo inputs! Not very common in guitar pedals. But again: software is also a flexible option.

BertKoor wrote:There were some items you marked with "extravagant", so the list becomes considerably shorter.

A compressor could be a nice add-on. But it's available in software also. Lots of freebees and excellent payware items...

Apart from guitar pedals you could also get a proper multi-effect processor. S/h Yamaha SPX, ART DMV-Pro, or whatever. Bonus: stereo inputs! Not very common in guitar pedals. But again: software is also a flexible option.
You're recommending software in the hardware section? Tsk, tsk :uhuhuh:

:P

thats what i was thinkinng. !?!?!? lol

Always keep an open mind ;-)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”