KVR sweetie: a new call for solos! <<Update: beta mix>>

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<edit>
See bottom for beta mix!
</edit>

Hi musicians,

the last call for solos was a smashing success, a whooping 10 participants brought together a great tune, moving from jazzy laid back all the way to rock hard. Much fun was had by all! :D

What is more, it seems like people were up for more, so I sat down at the keyboard again today and recorded a little snippet that came to me as I was playing piano with my daughter. Mind you, it's completely different in style! Meet your melancholy, sensitive inner self! :hug:

So, have a listen to

KVR Sweetie (MP3)

and then download and loop in your favorite DAW

KVR Sweetie (WAV)
KVR Sweetie No Drums (WAV)

Tempo: 147 BPM

Here are midi files:

KVR Sweetie Piano Pad
KVR Sweetie Busy Piano

Feel free to not only solo but even just play the chord progression with the instrument of your choice. Here is the chord progression:

Code: Select all

F#m7(9) F#m7(9) B7(9)  B7(9)
F#m7(9) F#m7(9) B7(9)  B7(9)
EMaj7   EMaj7   AMaj7  CMaj7  DMaj7
EMaj7
I'm not picky on keeping my recording on this one, feel free to even do a drum track!

You can upload your take (*not* mixed with the given loop) here:

http://jakob.magiera.net/upload.html

Cheers! :D

*Edit*

Jakob

I have changed the MP3 and WAV to a less busy version, so playing along is easier. The original MP3 and WAV are here:

http://jakob.magiera.net/sound/kvrsweetie.mp3
http://jakob.magiera.net/sound/kvrsweetie.wav

*Edit*

KVR Sweetie Beta Mix
Last edited by jakob on Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

What tempo is it?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

It's 147 BPM

Thanks Jakob. :)

Update:
I uploaded a less busy version of the loop. I realized the first one was a bit busy to play along. See first post.

Cheers,

Jakob

What a great sounding progression.

Could you upload the keys etc with out the drums?

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, sorry
Here's a quicky, let me know if you like it and I'll upload the tracks
I've added bass, flute & xylophone

Kara's mix

Very nice, but please do something about the drums. Right know, I feel the drum track is rather annoying, especially when you listen to the loop over and over again.

- just my 2 cents :wink:

Drumless loop and midi files uploaded, see 1st post.

Just added bass and guitar. Uploaded.

And again minus the annoying snare.

Sweeeeet. Sounds very soul-full, morelia! :hyper:

Just one request: can you send me bass and guitar tracks separately please?

Just mixed together the whole thing just for testing. Also tried out a different drum track. Is that any better?

http://jakob.magiera.net/sound/kvrsweet ... _drums.mp3

As I said, you all are welcome to put in your drum tracks!

jakob wrote:Sweeeeet. Sounds very soul-full, morelia! :hyper:

Just one request: can you send me bass and guitar tracks separately please?
Thanks. I've uploaded the bass and guitar separately. Let me know if you need me to change anything.

morelia wrote: I've uploaded the bass and guitar separately. Let me know if you need me to change anything.
Totally dig your guitar riff. Really made this song come alive for me. Yeah!

I like the bass line itself, but the sharp impact of each note doesn't quite gel with the rest somehow (check the peaks of the waveform). I don't know if I can smooth that with a plug (compressor?), but could I ask you to play it smoother somehow (not a guitar or bass player, so I don't know the technique needed here)?

Also, at the end those pulsing quarters make it build up, so I really want another bass line that sort of picks that up. That doesn't mean everything full off quarter-notes, but just some contrast to the bit "open spaced" feel of this take. So, can you record one take like that that goes from beginning to end?

Funny how people react to chord patterns in different ways. The original progression made me think of Floyd's 'Great Gig in the Sky'. I really wanted the track to launch into a huge OTT Floyd solo. But I think the last few chords are bit too cheesy for Rock.

Return to “Music Cafe”