FR theme: Browser

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

{title changed ... DarkStar]

Post them here.

Caleb posted these:
Caleb wrote: able to delete references to audio files in the Audio Pool.

Also - the fact that if you right click on a file in the browser you get a blank pop-up menu.

I'm not sure [if these are bugs]- or whether you would consider them just not developed yet, but for what it's worth...

Regards
Caleb
Last edited by soma on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the browser once and for all simply needs to stop looking through a window to the outside world. If there's a 'browser' it should function like a conventional file-browser.

all these are normal file-browser functions:

- delete/cut

- copy

- paste

- add folder

- rename

- show file properties
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

& wile we are at it can it delete to the recycle bin so if a mistake is made it doesn't matter :)

Subz

I totally agree.

I'd also like to see a "collapse all" button that closes all folders.
I like the way XT remembers which folders are open under a folder after it is closed but sometimes I just want to start fresh.

1. Dble click to load files/plugs

2. Search function is a bit slow and it may be because IIRC, it searches all folders instead of just the VST folder(s). If this is the case, would be nice if the search searches only within VST folders.

3. QWERTY "arrow" keys to preview samples

4. This is least important since it deals with basically less mouse use. Shortcuts to open folders. So i can set it up to have "1" open samples folder, "2" audio folder, "3" clips etc.
As soon as a folder is selected with a shortcut key, the arrow keys are available to scroll up/down (preview where applicable) and the enter button loads file/plug.
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

What in the hell is a Brower? :P
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

:oops: spell checked the title there.

The ones i posted @ the beta forum :
1.hide all the junk !
2.user assignable tabs and/or hard wired tabs for plugins/samples/projects etc
there are just too many things relying on the browser, it can't work smoothly with only one page.
3.sample preview volume slider (saw something along the lines in an old screenshot though)
4.maybe a toggle switch to have the previews keep playing even after you release the mouse click (but cut as soon as you click on another sample)
5.sorting options : name/date/size

disturb wrote:2.user assignable tabs and/or hard wired tabs for plugins/samples/projects etc
there are just too many things relying on the browser, it can't work smoothly with only one page.
this one deserves a

+1

and yet another one:

+1

and perhaps a few more, just to make sure:

+7690450030676756545546

:D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

oh and i forgot an auto hide mode :D

disturb wrote: 2.user assignable tabs and/or hard wired tabs for plugins/samples/projects etc
I posted this one a couple weeks back but it had no support. I agree this would make for a better organized browser.

It is a must, period.

Actually, in regards to my #4 request in my first post within this thread, tabs would be PERFECT for key shortcuts. So based on the image above:
QWERTY key "1" selects tab 1, "2" tab 2 etc...

+1 for everything and especially hide everything that has no use to XT2. Ableton live creates all theses ASD files and it's a bit annoying when going through samples.

disturb wrote:1.hide all the junk !
Damn straight. I got a lot of junk working with Synth edit and Live so much.

I always thought this was a bug! If you do a search with a blank string, Xt returns all your samples in a sample list, plugins and clips in thier own lists too, so XT knows what files are what.

Return to “energyXT”