FR/BR Theme: Workflow Niggles, Inconsistencies and Problems

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please use this thread to post the issues you are running into with the workflow in XT2.

Requests for new features should not be posted here. We are gathering, niggles, inconsistencies and problems, as the title says.
Some examples might be:
- setting values is awkward
- excessive mouse movement is needed
- excessive jumping between windows is needed
- actions are inconsistent
- actions are difficult/missing

Off-topic posts will be eXTremely moderated.

[Edit: typo]
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i think it suit the theme :

- the horizontal scrollbar in sequencer.

I really don't get how it is supposed to be usable when working on a standard near 4:00 project.
I suppose it is bug... well i hope it is... please tell me it is just a bug. (in fact the behavior in ext1 was pretty strange too, source of my fears)
;P

ok, here's one...

ctrl-f activates the search in the browser, but it doesn't work if the sequencer is open, because there, ctrl-f is Freeze.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

- the loop-locators don't snap according to the sequencer's snap-settings

- the loop-locators still don't have the old behaviour back

- you can't set the playback-cursor from within the midi- and audio-editor

- rendering to a new track isn't part of the rendering function

- you still can't route midi-tracks to audio-tracks
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

le_NEKO wrote:i think it suit the theme :

- the horizontal scrollbar in sequencer.

I really don't get how it is supposed to be usable when working on a standard near 4:00 project.
I suppose it is bug... well i hope it is... please tell me it is just a bug. (in fact the behavior in ext1 was pretty strange too, source of my fears)
;P

tbh I don't get at all what you mean - you have the scrollbar, you can use the scroll-wheel and you can right-click in the background and drag - what more do you want?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

i think he means that, for example, if you're zoomed in at the beginning of a project, you can't just grab the horizontal scrollbar and drag it to the right to get to the end of the project. you can only scroll a little bit before the scroll thumb hits the right edge of the window and gets kind of "squishy." this bothers me too.
wrongtastic, baby

ah, o.k. - I see - never noticed this myself as I dont use the scrollbar...

i made a little draw to explain how i think it would logically work :

fullsize

i understand that it could give problem when wanting to go after the end but it just need to add something like 8 bars (or more) to the rightest element of the project as the reference for the whole project size.

(thanks jens for the background right clik tip it helps a little)

Yeah, I see - and I agree - it should work like this - right now it's based on the zoom-level so if you have closely zoomed in the range of the scrollbar is very small...

jens wrote:- you can't set the playback-cursor from within the midi- and audio-editor
hmmm... this seems to work fine for me. i click the timeline it sets the cursor to that position, in the sequencer and in the editor windows. what do you mean exactly?
wrongtastic, baby

haha - I just checked and you are indeed right - it's the middle
mouse-button anywhere in the timeline for the sequencer and it's the left mouse-button on the timeline-ruler for the editors - so it's just a generic inconsistecy after all... :hihi:

Thanks! :-D

(I have to admit I'm getting ocassionally confused with all those constant changes - sometimes I feel like I'm losing track and like I don't have the power to get on anymore)

wow, and i forgot about middle click to set the position. very convenient. yes, that should definitely be in the popup editors as well.
wrongtastic, baby

If you've got a numerical value box highlighted (ie as if to type in a number) in the Synth/Sampler, the Drum Sampler or the MultiFX, it only unhighlights (so you can click and drag again) if you press enter or click on something outside of that comp. Every other box, you can click anywhere to unhighlight it.

insertpizhere wrote:wow, and i forgot about middle click to set the position. very convenient. yes, that should definitely be in the popup editors as well.
I'll be honest here:

overall I love Jorgen's work, his generosity, his ideas, etc. - but with stuff like that I'm just asking myself: 'what the hell was he thinking when he coded that?' - I mean an inconsistency so blatantly obvious - and you can't get used to it because when you're working on a song you have to constantly change between the editor and the sequencer - your brain just doesn't have a real chance to adjust to this inconsistency - how does stuff like that find its way into the code in the first place? :?

Return to “energyXT”