FR Theme: Tracks & Parts (general)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FR: save inserts with clips
Sorry if this has been mentioned but i'm right in the middle of a session so i have five minutes to post this and no time to search ( and i want to mention it NOW for the count of i am impatient :cool: )

As the title states, any possibility to have inserts saved with MIDI/drum clips?
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

+415698451.3546846

- - renamed to a new FR Theme, for FRs relating to tracks and parts in general.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

- drag the track headers up/down to reorder them

- when the Move Up/down button or Length Increase/Decrease buttons are held down, repeat the action (after a short delay)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

- rename tracks and parts to the .xtc that was dragged to them.

- stretch (like in xt1) Midi clips

soma wrote:- rename tracks and parts to the .xtc that was dragged to them.
DO you mean replace or just rename??

I'm thinking dragging an .xtc to an existing track with parts should automatically replace the parts. In regards to MIDI tracks, the output should automatically switch to the new instrument featured in the newly dragged .xtc.
Maybe SHIFT/drag allows one to layer the current instrument with the new .xtc being dragged in.

Or am i misunderstanding your request? :oops:

DarkStar wrote:- drag the track headers up/down to reorder them
Yes +1. I mentioned this a few weeks back. Like in 1.4, utilize DnD to reorder trax. However, I thought about getting rid of the up/down buttons but if others can use it........

Very simple one - would it make sense to have the object bar visible by default? There's stuff that (afaict) is only accessible via the object bar, so if a new user (or an old user, eg me until quite recently) doesn't think to turn the object bar on, they might never notice that certain features exist...

(I think it's off by default, although it might just be that I turned it off at an early stage and forgot about it...)

soma wrote: - stretch (like in xt1) Midi clips
+1,000,000

Subz

Anyone know if step automation will be supported? Automation envelopes are nice, but for me step automation would be perfect.

-Compress/expand envelope (fuctionality for compress already exists when you press an envelope against the floor/ceiling)

-copy and paste envelopes from one lane/clip to another

Freeze
To use the temporary audio folder if a project-specific audio folder has not been created.
[same for Render to New Track]

+1 to temp folder being used whenever no project folder is created (then move files to a default project folder when song is saved)

for keyboard users:
up/down arrows let you already choose which track is highlighted. my suggestion is, to use left/right arrows then to highlight and flip through different parts

many keyboards have a key for the context menu. it would be cool to make use of it! because right now, it doesn't do anything. a second press on this key might close the context menu (no need to press ESC or use the mouse)

Yes yes yes.
Little improvements (especially the one about letting us select parts with arrow keys) will make a huge difference to those of us afraid of mice.

Return to “energyXT”