Free Modern Plugins update v2.25 and 3 new release !

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
297 posts since 5 Mar, 2006 from China, Taiwan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:01 pm

Free Modern Plugins update v2.25 (2007/08/01).

website:

http://www.modernplugins.in-tw.com/

direct lick:

http://antress.myweb.hinet.net/

New plugins:

* Modern Black Dragon (Pultec-coloring EQ)
* Modern Painter (9 band API-coloring EQ)
* Modern Proper (mini Pultec-coloring EQ)
* Modern Painkiller (new GUI for original VL-ME)

Image
Image

Removed plugin:

* Modern VL-ME

Fixed:

* some small bugs fixed.
* some hosting bugs fixed.
* Vintage Edition parameter bugs fixed.
* Modern Booster inserting bugs.
* Modern Compressor meter accurate fixed.

sound engine improved:

* Modern Compressor.
* Modern Limiter.
* Modern Spacer
* Modern Exciter.
* Modern Booster.

Changes:

* Modern Spacer output setting.
* Modern Equalizer output setting.
* Modern Channel Strike output setting.
* Modern VD-ME new GUI.
* Modern Deep Purple new GUI.

Modern series 30 plugins, free for you, enjoy :)
Last edited by Antress on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

KVRian
600 posts since 29 Dec, 2006 from Sealand, North Sea

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:45 pm

Antress wrote:
direct lick:

http://antress.myweb.hinet.net/
I prefer vintage licks, to be honest . . . :P

Why did you remove VL-ME?

Thanks for the new ones!!
I still think, your punctuation sucks, and your spelling isn't cool! So there...

KVRist

Topic Starter

297 posts since 5 Mar, 2006 from China, Taiwan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:15 pm

is Life Valuable? i don't know.

just one thing i Know that...

i didn't die today, very lucky...

i want to live, not just to exist, enjoy. :wink:

KVRian
600 posts since 29 Dec, 2006 from Sealand, North Sea

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:42 pm

Antress wrote:is Life Valuable? i don't know.

just one thing i Know that...

i didn't die today, very lucky...

i want to live, not just to exist, enjoy. :wink:
I hear you, brother!

And again, thanks for the new ones. So far they're quite fun!
I still think, your punctuation sucks, and your spelling isn't cool! So there...

KVRAF
2433 posts since 16 Jun, 2005 from Somewhere, NV

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 pm

* Modern Painkiller (new GUI for original VL-ME)
Emphasis mine, hope that means what I think it does and that the VL-ME survives (albeit in disguise). Thanks for still more toys, Antress.
Today would be a good day to die.
...but death has not touched me yet.

:band2:

User avatar
KVRian
530 posts since 31 May, 2004 from duisburg/germany

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:42 pm

Hey Antress, nice that you are back!

Cheers

michat

Banned
112 posts since 13 Jun, 2007

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 pm

where is illusionater

User avatar
KVRAF
4714 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:43 am

Thanks Antress!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't check here if you can't control yourself!

KVRist
265 posts since 9 Sep, 2004 from Middletown, CT USA

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:29 am

Big thumbs up Antress :tu:

Best, Mike from The Coffeehouse

KVRist

Topic Starter

297 posts since 5 Mar, 2006 from China, Taiwan

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:58 pm

mensturbation wrote:where is illusionater
Modern illusionister is just a concept plugin,

i will re-build a new 3D position plugin in future. :wink:

Banned
112 posts since 13 Jun, 2007

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:59 pm

nice

KVRist
313 posts since 3 Oct, 2006

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi Antress,
thanks for doing these updates and for the new plugins!
I wonder if you would be willing to comment on what went in to the plugin designs. I recognize the inspiration hardware for the vintage plugin concepts and some of them seem to work very nicely in similar mixing situations that I've tested them in.
Would you say that the goal in modelling the plugins after the vintage originals centers mostly in functioning similarly, like with similar attribute eq bandwidth, attack/release rates, and general hardware layout? Or, is there more going on in trying to have the plugins really react with the same personality as the inspiration gear?
I ask this in a very encouraging manner and not to challenge your hard work at all.
I have been tracking some new live drums and testing out the vari-mu style comp, the modern painter, and the modern painkiller, along with the 160-style compressor. It seems like there is a LOT going on under the hood on these, and I'm curious what went into them. What is the internal processing quality of the plugs (as in 64-bit or upsampling)?
Also, on the Fairchild style plugin, I notice there is a fairchild button to depress, which I am assuming is to add a coloration to the sound in addition to other typical functions. Is this correct, and are the attack/release, or ratios affected by this button as well?
Thanks for any answers you are willing to provide. I think there is some very useable work in these plugs, and it is much appreciated!

KVRAF
5660 posts since 22 Sep, 2005

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:25 pm

Antress wrote:
mensturbation wrote:where is illusionater
Modern illusionister is just a concept plugin,

i will re-build a new 3D position plugin in future. :wink:
YES!! Will you be making the XYZ automatible this time?
Image
Please do!

L
Image

KVRist

Topic Starter

297 posts since 5 Mar, 2006 from China, Taiwan

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:56 pm

mangel1234 wrote:Hi Antress,
thanks for doing these updates and for the new plugins!
I wonder if you would be willing to comment on what went in to the plugin designs. I recognize the inspiration hardware for the vintage plugin concepts and some of them seem to work very nicely in similar mixing situations that I've tested them in.
Would you say that the goal in modelling the plugins after the vintage originals centers mostly in functioning similarly, like with similar attribute eq bandwidth, attack/release rates, and general hardware layout? Or, is there more going on in trying to have the plugins really react with the same personality as the inspiration gear?
I ask this in a very encouraging manner and not to challenge your hard work at all.
I have been tracking some new live drums and testing out the vari-mu style comp, the modern painter, and the modern painkiller, along with the 160-style compressor. It seems like there is a LOT going on under the hood on these, and I'm curious what went into them. What is the internal processing quality of the plugs (as in 64-bit or upsampling)?
Also, on the Fairchild style plugin, I notice there is a fairchild button to depress, which I am assuming is to add a coloration to the sound in addition to other typical functions. Is this correct, and are the attack/release, or ratios affected by this button as well?
Thanks for any answers you are willing to provide. I think there is some very useable work in these plugs, and it is much appreciated!
all Modern plugin's internal processing quality will same as your host setting, i've only make some different in the internal, especially coloring gear emulator.

if you got one of Modern plugin have the "Hi-Res" switch, this function can make your sounds oversample x2, than CPU double, the "Analog" button will coloring to your sounds 5% of Modern Analoger's color.

and another answers are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a2u0xdjsutt

about EQ thing, you will get same boost range (24dB), but different effect, enjoy :wink:

KVRer
11 posts since 31 Dec, 2004

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 am

Great work on the new plugins Antress! The new Limiter sounds very good and the fairchild emu sounds killer on bass guitar on a project that I demo'd these on, even tried the fairchild on an electric guitar sub. I don't know what you did but the older (first generation) plugs sounded nothing like these. THANKS!

Return to “Effects”